Sophomore 27

🏀Hampton University, VirginiaSandcastles by BeyoncéThurs

🏀
Hampton University, Virginia
Sandcastles by Beyoncé
Thurs. Sept. 30th, 7:23PM
"Are We Done?"

He was back at it. After his short hiatus, Shai was back at practice. With a somewhat calmed down attitude. The hearing really put things into perspective for him. No one cared about his status, so he would be treated like everyone else. He was actually fine with that. He didn't deserve special treatment but there was always one person that gave it to him. He won't lie, he appreciated President Yolanda for overruling the rest of the board members and allowing him to stay.

Only because he knew how hard reality would hit Dess if he left. Though still close by, he knew she wouldn't be able to handle him being gone. That was the only reason why be personally thanked President Yolanda for her decision. It wasn't because he adored the school and wanted to keep studying here. It wasn't because of basketball either. It was Dess.

Her and her only.

Shai dribbled the ball by his side after Ameer threw it in to him. Because of the high level of aggression and hostility going around on his team, Danny Adams decided to allow the boys to play against each other to let off some stream. He wasn't doing it on purpose or to stir anything up. He personally needed to see what he needed to work on before any scrimmages or games. It was also his way to see how Maxwell and Logan coached.

He separated the ten boys into two teams. There was Shai's team with Ameer, Skeeter, Gavin, and Parker. Then there was Dustin's team with Elijah, Julian, Michael, and Shamar. He also told them who they were guarding in order to keep the tension down. And to keep Shamar and Shai away from close face-to-face contact. As best as possible.

Soon as Shai crossed the half-court line, he passed the ball to Ameer then cut down the middle. Julian right along with him since he was the person guarding him. The ball kept moving, going from Ameer to Skeeter and back to Shai. He slowed down, dribbling the ball at his side again and giving the next play signal, a pat on the head. That caused his team to start moving. Both Parker and Gavin in the paint, their hands up high as they called for the ball.

Ameer and Skeeter on opposite sides while Shai was up top. He continued to look around, making eye contact with Ameer. He gave him a head nod, Ameer knowing what to do. It was easy to move since Elijah was guarding him. He was the worst type of defender on the team. Ameer moved Elijah's hand off him then ran towards the middle, getting wide open. Shai passed the ball to him and he was able to get an easy layup. The score now 56 to 24. Shai's team winning.

Shai and Ameer slapped hands with each other while everyone jogged back. Shai's attention stayed on the ball that was in Dustin hands. He dribbled over the line and that's when Shai bent at the knees and held his hand out in front of Dustin. He stayed with him, following Dustin's every move. He had him locked in, struggling to get free and pass the ball off. At any moment, Shai could tip it out his hand and have a fast break.