Sopohmore 31

🏀Hampton University, VirginiaParanoia by Chance the RapperThurs

🏀
Hampton University, Virginia
Paranoia by Chance the Rapper
Thurs. Oct. 7th, 10:15AM
"The Truth"

"Cookie and cupcakes! Cookies and cupcakes! Come support breast cancer awareness! Cookies and cupcakes!" Gabe shouted while a few students walked by. A couple of them stopping at the pink table to grab a treat and hear what the ladies were saying.

Shai tightened his grip on his bag straps as he walked to the table. He didn't care for the cookies or the cupcakes. Breast cancer was important, yes. However, he didn't come here for that. He stood in front of the table, Gabe looking at him.

"Cupcake or cookie?" Gabe questioned, pointing at both of the plates.

"I'm not a sweets person, so no." Shai declined.

"Do you mind if I talk to you?" He asked, Gabe arching his brow at his request.

"Uhh, alright. In my office." Gabe pointed at his office. Shai nodded, turning away and making his way to the room.

Gabe excused himself from the table then went to his office, shutting the door behind him. Shai took off his bag and sat on that same oddly comfortable sofa. He slouched down a little while Gabe sat in his chair.

"I'd like to make a few things known real quick," Shai spoke first. Gabe crossed his legs over the other and nodded.

"I'm listening."

Shai cleared his throat then spoke, "I already told you how much I don't like therapy and I really did mean it. I really cannot stand the thought of being here but that's only because therapy feels like therapy."

Gabe furrowed his brows in confusion. He didn't speak and allowed Shai to keep going. "Basically what I'm saying is the whole pad thing, writing what I'm saying is annoying especially because I don't know what you're writing exactly. You could be calling me an aggressive asshole who wants to beat on people and I would never know."

"I'm not saying that," Gabe told him.

"Yeah, I still don't like it. I know you have to do it but the only way this is going to work out is if it doesn't feel like I'm being studied. You said the first time that it'll be like us having a conversation as friends, correct?"

"Correct."

"Right, well when I talk to Dess, she doesn't take notes. Again, I know it's your job and all but it would be nice if you didn't do it."

Gabe nodded. "Alright, I'll accept that. Anything else?" He questioned. He could see on Shai's conflicted face that he had a lot to get off his chest. Silently and discreetly, he read his body movements: the leg shaking, the hair pulling, and the wandering eyes. He took mental notes.