Sophomore 54

Minneapolis, MinnesotaMy House by FloRidaMon

My House by FloRida
Mon. Dec 6th, 9:12AM
"Her Safe Space"

"Daddy!" Dess exclaimed while she ran towards Stephen. He was prepared when she jumped in his arms and he held her tightly so she didn't fall.

"I miss you so much!" Dess expressed, kissing Stephen's cheek.

"I miss you too lettuce." Stephen replied and gave her a kiss back.

Dess lowered herself back to the ground but didn't let go of her dad. She rested her head against his chest to hear his heartbeat. She was grateful to be able to hear it. Not enough people understood how much of a blessing it was to have a heart that still pumped blood and beat in your chest. As long as she was able to feel this same rhythmic beat for a little while then she was going to be alright.

"I miss you so much." Dess repeated, gripping the back of Stephen's jacket. She was afraid to let go. The uncertainty of if she'll be able to do this again ran through her mind which was causing her to stay latched on. Touching him wasn't going to rest her mind as badly as she wanted it to.

Stephen rubbed her back. "I miss you too." He said back. He allowed her to have her moment. He lowkey needed this too. He had to look away and blink his eyes a few times to stop the tears from coming. This weekend was not going to be filled with tears, he was adamant on that.

"Alright, lettuce, let's get going." Stephen told her. Dess took a deep breath, struggling to ease herself off him. She finally did, allowing her dad to breathe. If it was up to her then she would never let go of him.

"Good morning, Shai." Stephen addressed Shai who was standing and watching. He had allowed the father and daughter have their much needed moment. Though he had an important week ahead of him, this trip was mainly for Dess. He was letting her enjoy time with her father and be that happy chick he wanted to see more often.

He didn't mind standing in the back for once.

"Good morning. How's everything?" Shai asked, leaning against the suitcase handle.

"Everything is going well. You?" Stephen asked back. He opened the passenger door and helped Dess inside. He then assisted Shai in putting their bags in the trunk.

"Wonderful. I've never been more happier." Shai truthfully answered. He was feeling lively still and nothing has been able to ruin this new mood of his. He was loving it.

"That's amazing."

They finished putting their luggage in the trunk then got in the car. Once in, it didn't take long for Dess to start blabbing with Stephen. Shai settled in the back seat, lying across the seats while he listened to Dess and Stephen conversation. All he heard coming from Dess was eagerness as she spoke about being back home. This was all she wanted and Shai loved that he was able to give it to her. He was unsure how long the ride would be and since Dess and Stephen were talking, he chose to take a short nap. He despised flying.