Sophomore 24

🏀Hampton University, Virginia The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & MonicaMon

🏀
Hampton University, Virginia
The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica
Mon. Sept. 20th,
"You're Mine and Only Mine"

"Daddy!" Dess excitedly said soon as Stephen face popped up on her phone.

She looked around to make sure no one was giving her a stank face. She was chilling in the computer lab and didn't want to disturb any of her peers. Seeing that no one was paying her any attention, she went back to her phone. Her heart pumping faster as she experienced an intense amount of joy. She was finally talking to her dad after a couple of weeks. Unless someone was in her shoes then they wouldn't understand how excited she was right now over this small action.

That's how important it was to her.

"Hello, babygirl," Stephen responded after getting himself together.

His voice was back to normal and his skin looking more moisturized than before. He didn't look like a zombie and that eased Dess mind. She wholeheartedly thought there was something wrong with him. But seeing him now, looking healthy, she came to the conclusion that she had thought wrong.

That was far from the truth.

"I miss you," Dess cooed, bringing her leg up on the chair.

"I miss you too lettuce," Stephen said back. "I'm sorry for not picking up the phone. I've been busy." He apologized.

Dess nodded, having a feeling that was the reason. "It's alright. Could you maybe next time let me know though? I was really upset," she told him.

"I understand and next time I will. Life over here has been..." Stephen paused, his mind going to everything that's been happening recently. His life was coming to an end right before his eyes and he was struggling to prepare for it. "it's been a lot." he finished.

"Is everything okay?" Dess worryingly asked. She didn't give a damn what was happening, as long as she was able to help, then she was going to. "Do you need help? Money? Anything?"

Stephen held his hand up and shook his head at her offer. The one thing he hated that she did. He could handle himself and didn't like when she would offer her own earnings to help him. He definitely didn't want to use her for anything due to his circumstance now. He was doing his best to assure that everything was handled, so when the time came, she had nothing to worry about. Nothing at all.

"I don't need money, sweetheart. I don't need help with anything either. I'm doing fine over here." He declined her offer and tossed in a lie.

"Are you sure?" Dess asked anyway.

She didn't mind helping if that's what she needed to do. She's been saving money since last school year. Plus with the refund checks and paychecks from work that she got, she had more than enough money to pass around. Only to the important people though. No one else.