Sophomore 43

Hampton University, VirginaAnniversary by Tony! Toni! Tonè!Wed

Anniversary by Tony! Toni! Tonè!
Wed. Nov. 3rd, 8:10AM
"Newlywed Syndrome"

The sun shined brighter than it's ever had before on Hampton campus ground. It was supposed to rain, and yet when Dess woke up this morning to get ready for class. There was none of that. Which was perfect in her eyes because today was a special day. Why? It was her anniversary, her one year anniversary and she was excited for whatever Shai had for her. She knew it was going to be over the top and she couldn't wait.

Standing in front of her full length mirror, Dess checked out her outfit once more. She wanted to look perfect for today. Even better than she ever looked before for Shai. Though he didn't care how she looked, Dess did for this special day. All eyes were going to be on her. She loved that. She shook her hair a little to see the curls shaking. Autumn helped her last night with dying her hair a honey blonde and brown. The color combination mixed well with her glowing and clear skin.

Her new skincare was doing her justice.

Hearing her alarm go off, Dess hurried to her bed and stopped it. It was 8:15 and she had to get going for math class. She grabbed her things then left her room. It was a mess that she would have to clean later. For now, she had to go. As she headed down the hallway to get ready to go, she stopped when she saw the living room area filled with rose petals, balloons that spelled out Happy Anniversary, and gifts all over. Dess dropped her bag to the floor then hurried to the area.

"Awww," she cooed while she looked over the bags.

All from luxury and well known brands. Nike. Dior. Victoria's Secret. Chanel. Louis Vuitton. Gucci. Even SavagexFenty. But she couldn't by pass the small gifts that she had. A big basket filled with her favorite snacks and other things she would love as much as the luxuries. She continued looking around until she saw the envelope that rested on top of one of the show boxes. She went for it and opened it, taking out the handwritten letter from Shai.

She read it aloud, "Good morning and happy first anniversary to my beautiful, cheerful, and loving girlfriend. First and foremost, I'd like to begin with that you look good today. Even though I can't see you, I'm confident that you're looking gorgeous as always. I know today is a special day because of that I want today to be the best for our first anniversary. You will not see me the entire day around school as I prepare for our night out festivities. However, you will have many surprises coming your way throughout the day. And you will not be alone, Axel will be filling in for me."

"Whatever you want, he will get it. He WILL NOT answer any questions though, so you shouldn't bother asking any. I'm going to be busy so I won't be able to text or call you. But best believe you will hear from me later on, so don't worry. Have fun and I will see you later. Enjoy your gifts, you'll be receiving WAY more throughout the day. I love you!" Dess finished reading.

She pressed the note against her chest, cheesing harder than ever and allowing the words to instill into her heart. Her mind wandered to all the possible things he could probably have for them. Especially one that took the entire day. Nothing came to mind and her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a knock on the door. She figured it was Axel coming to be Shai for the day. She put her note down then hurried to the door, grabbing her bag on the way over. She opened the door and Axel stood in front of her with a megaphone in his hand.