♥︎ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴅᴏᴏʀs♥︎

𝕿wisting a tumbler of firewhiskey in his hand, Sirius hummed along to the music bouncing off the common room walls

The weeks had been bleeding into one another, each one more difficult to keep up with than the last. Exam season was fast approaching, keeping every single student predominantly busy, especially those in fifth and seven years. It was important that there was time to relax, to wind down and to chill and to celebrate the birthday's arriving. James and Remus. The latter hadn't wanted a whole party, not until James offered they had one together and shared the spotlight, Remus didn't seem to mind that idea.

Like always, they had stolen as many alcoholic beverages as their bodies could carry from Hogsmeade, leaving generous sums of gold on the counters for their favoured residents. Muggle music had been booming out of the speakers for pretty much an hour now, and the party was in full swing, older students from other houses arriving in excited floods, happy to enjoy themselves for a night and celebrate two of Hogwarts' best pranksters.

Sirius had claimed one of the squishy scarlet armchairs a long time ago, not really interested in joining the sweaty dancers on the floor bravely making inviting eyes at him. He surveys past them, to where James is pulling out his whackiest dance moves for the one and only Lily Evans, who was quite obviously, trying her hardest to resist a big, fond smile, forcing an eye roll instead.

Peter was talking a poor Hufflepuff's ear off, his hands making these huge gestures, nearly throwing the sticky, rich contents of his spiced mead all over her a couple of times, much to Sirius' great amusement. Remus wasn't too far away, somewhat alluringly leaning against the stone wall on the outskirts of the room, cigarette hanging in between his puckered lips whilst his amber eyes, dark and mysterious, travelled over the expanse of the crowd.

His gaze landed on Sirius, eyebrow arching at him. Automatically, a grin stretched across Sirius lips, raising his drink in the air, toasting to the sandy haired boy. Remus rolled his eyes with a small shake of the head, then nodding over to where Sirius' piercing gaze had been glued for the most part. The stone staircase leading to the Gryffindor girls' dormitories.

Because, slowly and carefully, walking down them into the crowded common room, looking like an ethereal goddess, Amore Beaufort. Sirius' heart stutters and his throat runs dry, incapable of doing anything but soaking up the divine beauty that's blessing his eyes. Curls of glowing golden, loose and soft, cascade down her shoulders, grazing against the pale silk fabric of the rather sexy dress she's wearing. A crime. It's a crime of how sexy this dress is, a crime of how devastingly good she looks in it, a crime that Sirius has never seen it before.

Especially when he's not had a private viewing beforehand, many hungry eyes around the Common Room have been handed the privilege to view it at the same time. None of that matters though, not when, out of those many hungry eyes, it's his that she locks onto first. It's his that she refuses to look away from, maintaining deep eye contact until she's standing there, right in front of him.