❤︎ɢʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢs❤︎

𝕿he day we were leaving for the Christmas holidays arrived, I made sure I had packed my trunk well in advance so I wouldn't have to get it ready the day we left like Marlene did

𝕿he day we were leaving for the Christmas holidays arrived, I made sure I had packed my trunk well in advance so I wouldn't have to get it ready the day we left like Marlene did. I was ecstatic to be seeing Papa again after four months, I really had missed him more than anything. I scooped Magnolia up in my arms, leaving my trunk knowing it would somehow end up on the train and made my way out of the dorm with the girls, ready for our train journey home.

The eight of us squished into one compartment, with me sat in between Remus and Sirius, Lily sat in between James and Peter, Marlene and Mary sprawled out across the floor. Alice had gone to Frank's compartment to see him before they finished for Christmas. Sirius huffed, shuffling in his seat next to me.

"Stop digging your bony elbows into me" He grumbled, nudging me.

"I'm not digging my elbows into you, you're digging yours into me!" I scoffed, moving slightly away from him and resting my hands on Magnolia as she slept on my lap.

Remus flickered his eyes up from his book to the two, about to make a comment about their continuous bickering when he spotted something he hadn't seen before. They were both wearing rings, rings with the exact same pattern except the girl's had two hearts either side and was slightly more feminine than the boy's. They had matching rings? He didn't recall a time when they would have given each other gifts, apart from when Sirius mentioned he bought a ring for his birthday, but that wouldn't explain why Amore had one too. He pondered for a few moments before shrugging it off and continuing to read, trying to forget about it before he hurt his brain even more.

"Knock knock" James chirped out to the compartment, everyone turning to look at him.

"Who's there?"

"Kanga"

"Kanga who?"

"It's actually kangaroo" He claimed, puffing his chest out proudly. Wow. I've never heard a funnier joke in my life.

"Oh dear fuck" Remus mumbled under his breath to me, returning to his book, trying to forget that ever happened.

"Amazing" Peter snickered, eating some Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. "Want one anyone?"

"I'll take one please" Mary hummed, taking a jelly beans and tasting it, "Grass"

"I can't tell if that one would be good or bad..." James commented.

"Are you serious, Potter?" Lily scoffed, looking at him as if he was stupid.

"No, I am" Sirius uttered, not as chirpy and as happy as he usually is when he says that line. He's probably not looking forward to be going home, or well to where the Blacks live. He's been extra moody for the past week, which meant he's been making more snarky comments and insults towards me.