❤︎ʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏʟᴅ❤︎

𝕬 few days had passed and I was still annoyed at Sirius for telling the boys it was his idea to create the map

𝕬 few days had passed and I was still annoyed at Sirius for telling the boys it was his idea to create the map. I had heard them talking about it on numerous occasions, how Peter would be mapping it all out in his animagus form, Remus would be charming it so they would be able to see where everyone would be in Hogwarts at every second of everyday and how Sirius and James were supposed to be deciding on a password or phrase to make the map work and to make sure no one else could read it if it got into the wrong hands. He made no effort to take it back and tell them it was my idea. Not at all. Today we would be brewing the wolfsbane potion in class, two which I was definitely not looking forward to, due to the fact I would actually have to be close to the boy and talk to him.

"Hey, A, mum sent you a box of things" James informed me, scanning over a letter and handing me a small brown parcel, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion. I opened the box, surprise written over my face when I looked over the contents. Euphemia Potter, what a woman you are.

Muggle face masks, fuzzy socks, sweets and chocolate, muggle books and lip gloss.

"I love your mum" I beamed to him, everyone peaking inside of the box to what she had sent me, a little note folded up inside,

'Dear Amore,

I hope you do not feel i'm intruding in your life, that isn't my intention. Iv'e never had anyone like a daughter before, it's always boys around and I wanted to treat you with a few things. I hope you like it. I wish i'll be able to see you soon.

From,
𝕰𝖚𝖕𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖆 𝕻𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗'

My heart warmed reading over the note, a familiar feeling in my stomach that I hadn't experienced in quite a long time. Like a daughter. Magnolia jumped on my lap, sniffing the box and finding a small bag of pink treats Mia must have put in for her too, her little black tail wagging happily.

"That's sweet" Mary commented from my right, reading over the note, "She seems so nice"

"She is" Remus, Peter, Sirius and I all voiced back, James presenting a proud smile on his face at the thought of his mum.

"She's the best" Sirius added quietly, meeting my eyes a half hearted smile on his face.

I knew exactly what he meant, after what he told me the first night I stayed at the Potter's and I went to check on him. He's a different person when it's just us alone, almost vulnerable and soft. You're mad at him, Amore. He's insufferable. He's sarcastic and he hates you. You hate him.
I averted my eyes away from him, glancing down at my note again, stroking through Magnolia's fur. Why does he have to be different and like that? Why can't he be that tolerable way all the time?

"Are you okay, Mor?" Remus whispered down to me, eyeing Sirius and I with a confused expression.

I hummed, turning to him, "I'm good, Rem" I assured him, showing a smile on my face. Remus nodded slowly, pecking the girl's temple curiously, looking out of the corner of his eye to the long haired boy, his left eye twitching and his grip increased significantly on his fork as he observed. 'Oh. That's new' he thought to himself. Very new indeed.