❤︎ғɪʀsᴛ ғᴜʟʟ ᴍᴏᴏɴ❤︎

𝕸y first full moon day joining the Marauders in my new animagus form

𝕸y first full moon day joining the Marauders in my new animagus form. Currently, the group of us were sat in the common room waiting for the time we would go and accompany Remus in the Whomping Willow when he would transform. He had been more and more tired the past couple of days, sleeping in classes and spending more time in the Hospital wing. I'd only known him a few months but I was incredibly worried for my best friend and I hated him suffering and in such pain. If there was one person that deserved the whole world, it would be Remus Lupin.

"Should I ask her to Hogsmeade again?" James asked from the couch opposite from me, him and James sprawled out on one as Remus laid across me on the other, my fingers tracing over his scars. Peter was in his own chair, munching on a liquorice wand.

"James, she already said she was going with someone else, i'm sorry" I muttered, feeling sympathy for him. He really liked Lily and was doing anything to try and win her affection but she didn't want him. I could only imagine how much that could hurt and I just wanted to ask Lily to give him a chance, I know I wouldn't be able to change her mind though.

"You'll get her, Prongs, she won't be able to stay away from you forever" Sirius comforted, "Besides, you have me and what could be better than me?"

"Everything" I mumbled, Remus chuckling and then wincing from pain. I frowned, Peter catching my eye and throwing me one of his favourite chocolate bars, handing it to him.

"Thank you" He whispered, nibbling on the milk chocolate from Honeydukes, sitting up from the way he was lead down before.

"Thank Godric, i've had enough!" Mary sighed, trudging into the common room and collapsing on top of James and Sirius, the two boys grunting. "Three bloody hours, three hours i've had to sit with her talk about that idiot and guess what? It's not even her soulmate and she won't even look at her soulmate, how is he meant to be her soulmate if she won't even look at him?"

"What are you talking about?" Peter quizzed, a baffled look on his face as he ate more sweets.

"She was definitely not talking about soulmates, not at all" Sirius commented, James giving him a high five and chuckling.

"A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity with. I believe everyone has a soulmate and she won't be with hers" Mary mumbled, raising her hands in the air, "Amos bloody Diggory"

"Not him! He's boring and he's not as handsome as me!" James exclaimed, Remus recoiling from the noise level.

"Think about the chocolate" I whispered in his ear, sending him a smile. He hummed, looking down at the Honeydukes milk chocolate wrapper in his hands.

"Pretty boy Diggory....atleast he isn't blind" Sirius added, James sending him a glare, "I wouldn't worry about it Prongs, you're her soulmate apparently and she won't be able to help it as much as she wants to" He finished, mocking Mary for her words.

"What have you got against soulmates?" Mary queried defensively from his tone.

"I don't believe in them" He shrugged, checking his nails.

"So you believe there's nothing that pulls two people together with no explanation like they belong together?"

"Written in the stars" We voiced at the same time, our eyes meeting as soon as the words left our mouths.

"Isn't that the same thing?" Peter asked, confused, glancing back and forth between Sirius and I. He doesn't speak for a few moments, staring at me before he turned his head to the blonde boy, ultimately disconnecting our contact.

"Written in the stars means it's fate or predestined to happen. If it's two people, they will always end up together as they were written in the stars, it has no relevance to souls or deep connections. It will happen because the stars foretold it" He explained, Peter nodding along and Mary frowning.

"You're leaving your whole fate to the stars?"

"Don't underestimate the power of the stars" We spoke simultaneously again, repeating the same words from the astronomy tower, James snickering at us.

"Shouldn't our fate be up to seers? They see the future"

"Futures can change if a seer does something to stop it, the stars would know that the seer changed the future therefore it didn't happen in the first place and the change was already predestined" I responded, talking quieter as I was beside a restless and sensitive Remus.

"That's confusing"

"No it's not"

"Yes, it is"

"No it's not"

"I mean this in the politest way possible, I don't fucking care about soulmates and the fucking stars" Remus grumbled, the corners of my lips tugging upwards. He was funny even though he didn't mean to be.

•••

The night drew in, the stars hanging high in the sky as the full moon began to rise. Remus had left us earlier to be escorted down to the Whomping Willow by Madame Pomfrey, leaving the four of us under James' invisibility cloak. Once we were out of school and approaching the tree, James took the cloak off, the four of us turning into our animagi forms. Peter as Wormtail scurried forward touching the tree, causing the branches to freeze and an entrance open for the tunnel in the shrieking shack.

'You okay?' James grunted as Prongs, nudging me as we were about to step inside.

To be honest, I was fairly nervous I was going to be meeting a werewolf at the end of this tunnel, one that I had never had an encounter with before so I didn't know what to except. 'Yeah, i'm fine' I barked out, finding a way to communicate with the others.

'You don't have to do this if you don't want to'

'I want to James'

'Okay, if you're sure'

Arriving at the shrieking shack, I could hear Remus' howls, conveying he must have already transformed. James went in first, followed by Peter, Sirius in-front of me and lastly me. The grey werewolves eyes snapped to me as I padded in, him not used to a small golden dog being around like the others. He sneered, approaching me until the big black dog stepped in front of me, growling at the werewolf. He stared, his amber eyes flickering between Sirius and I before sniffing and retreating away. He started scratching himself and howling, to which James grunted, galloping along the floor to distract him from scratching himself, the other three of us following suit.

After a while, he seemed to get tired, curling up on the floor and closing his eyes. The boys did the same, Peter slipping into an odd shoe to rest in, James on his side on the floor and Sirius on the floor. I laid down myself in the middle of the shack until I felt something lift me off the floor by the scruff of my neck, him carrying me over using his teeth and jumping on the bed. He placed me down, nudging me with his black nose to indicate to lay down on the mattress, to which I did, feeling him curl up around me, the heat radiating off him to keep me warm. I closed my eyes, drifting off into sleep, feeling protected and safe with him around me. The black dog.

•1251 words•