𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒-𝖮𝗇𝖾

Start from the beginning

A young man with dark hair and light mauve eyes was holding her by the back of her clothes as she struggled to get away, a furious look on his face. He gave the younger y/n a yank, causing her to squeal as he held her off the ground by the back of her uniform.

"That's not yours."

"So what? The General won't mind!"

"Give it here!"

"No way, you crazy gorilla!"

The two started shouting back and forth, the little y/n practically wrapping herself around the greatsword as the man fought to take it away from her.

Aventurine looked back and forth between y/n and the little girl with a cheeky look, "So that's you, eh?"

"Mm... that's me." y/n murmured with a whimsical smile as the man manage to tear the young h/c haired girl away from the sword, grabbing her by the ear and beginning to storm off as she stumbled after him while sobbing, "And that jerk dragging me was my tutor of sorts. My master refused to train me so long as I wasn't receiving an education, so I made up for everything I'd be missing in school with learning from the Furnace Master himself! Gorilla!"

"Gorilla...?"

"That's what I called him, you'll see why." y/n grabbed Aventurine's sleeve and dragged him along, "Come, quickly! You'll miss out!"

Aventurine followed after her, allowing her to guide him as the two of them followed the angry craftsman and the young cloud knight he'd grabbed by the ear.

They followed the pair along until the man released the young cloud knight, allowing her to turn to face him with a pout, "Jerk! You didn't have to grab me like that—OWW!!!"

She crouched, clutching the top of her head where the man hand smacked her with his fist while he glared down at her, "You're disrespectful and loud, pipe down and learn to respect your elders, yeah?"

"Sure, you old gorilla... OUCH!" she was smacked on the head once more, leaving her glaring up at the man with teary eyes, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry!"

"Hmph." the man lowered his hand and rested it on his hip instead as the younger y/n rubbed the top of her head with a pout, "Come on. Now that you've wasted my time, you'll be cleaning up the mess you left behind. Got it?"

"Hnngh..." she remained knelt on the ground as the man walked past her, not moving even when he budged. All of a sudden, he landed a swift kick to her butt and she let out a yelp.

"MOVE IT, BRAT!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A BRAT, YOU STUPID GORILLA?! THAT'S IT, FIGHT ME!"

WHAM!

Aventurine burst into hysterical laughter as the younger y/n was dragged away by the foot, the h/c haired woman beside him crossing her arms with a quiet chuckle.

"Seems like the two of you weren't very fond of each other. And all that rage in that itty bitty body..! You were a total riot!" Aventurine exclaimed as y/n pursed her lips with a bashful look, rubbing the back of her neck with a little chuckle.

"I was a pain in the 🍑 when I was younger," y/n snickered with a cheeky grin, "The gorilla acted like he hated me, but he was just as much of a worry wart as my master. And now..." her voice trailed off.

Oh, that couldn't be a good sign.

"And now...?" Aventurine murmured carefully.

"Eh, we've all gone are separate ways. Well— almost all of us. Come on," y/n strolled on ahead and Aventurine followed, their surroundings blurring at the dream shifted.