𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

(That button is fighting for its life trying to keep this beefy 🍑 man's shirt together)

(Did a little revising but it's mostly the same)

(I started reading about Shuhu and then about Teng Xiao. There's so little information on them but I've already gone down a rabbit hole)

Gepard's back was killing him as he slowly awoke, eyes fluttering open before squinting slightly.

He was all cozy in warm, and he could smell smoke from a fire nearby. He grimaced, forcing himself to sit up and immediately pressing a hand against his head.

Ouch, that hurt—

"Oh, you're awake!"

The Captain glanced in the direction of the voice and found y/n huddled by a measly little fire, a little look of surprise on her face. She offered him a small smile, "How are you feeling, hm? That was quite the fall we took."

"Where... are we? What happened?"

"I guess we walked on some cave covered with ice or whatever. Couldn't see it because of the snow."

Gepard winced as his head ached, but he tensed when y/n joined him and held his face in her hands, seemingly checking him over again.

"Lynx went off to find help, but it's been a while. I didn't do any exploring since you were still out, but it seems like this cave goes on for more than half a mile." y/n remarked as she brushed Gepard's hair aside to check his head for any swelling or bleeding.

Her e/c gaze met his and she blinked upon spotting the heavy blush growing on the Captain's cheeks. She quickly pulled her hands away, clearing her throat awkwardly, "S-Sorry..."

"N-No! You're fine, you just... caught me off guard." Gepard mumbled, "How long has it been?"

"About an hour, though I think we may be stuck here for a while longer," y/n murmured, "Thankfully, we've got food! I don't think we'll need to eat for a bit since dinner at the restaurant was nice, but we won't starve."

Gepard let out a quiet breath of relief with a small nod, "That's good... during the fall, you weren't hurt, were you?"

Y/n blinked, looked down at herself, then at Gepard.
"Nah, I'm good. If I did get hurt, I didn't notice."

"Right, crazy regeneration..."

"Mhm."

Gepard took a moment to peer past y/n into the darkness of the icy cave beyond the small fire. There were two separate tunnels, each leading to unknown locations with unknown dangers lurking.

Y/n followed his gaze, looking back and forth between him and the darkness before grinning, "Wanna go check it out?"

"I suppose it would be better to make sure nothing is down there... rather than being caught off guard later."