𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

(That animated short with Black Swan and Acheron quickly went from oh 😏 to OH 😦)

(Anyways—)

(How to be a lighter???)

(No, how to be a couch????)

Y/n was used to embarrassing situations.

She'd been in plenty of them *thanks to Caelus*.

'So why the hell is my face on 🚚ing fire?'

She couldn't even look her rescuer in the eye as he dusted himself off, the woman in front of him looking off at a trashcan instead with her hands held in front of her.

Y/n had nearly hit her nose in her haste to scramble off of the poor dude she'd ended up sitting on, and she couldn't make a peep as she processed what had happened.

"I take it this is your first time in the Dreamscape? While this is a dream, you ought to be careful. Traffic is a little hectic around here, you know?" the man pointed out, glancing back at y/n before frowning, "Are you listening?"

Y/n winced, forcing herself to look at him and nod with a shaky, "Y-Yeah... sorry about that, sir."

The man regarded her for a long moment and she stared back, her brain going into overdrive. Whenever she found something to focus on, her little gremlin brain went off the edge and focused back on that damned button that was BARELY keeping the top of his shirt together.

That thing was FIGHTING for its life!

'Hold on, little guy! You'll make it!' y/n thought as she cleared her throat, "Uh— thanks for snatching me out of the road. I don't remember wandering there, so I guess I was pretty out of it. And, err... sorry for uh... that."

"Don't worry about it, the first time in the Dreamscape is a little bit of rocky experience for most." the man told her with a reassuring smile, "Take it easy while you adjust to it all, okay?"

"Mhm... oh!" y/n perked up a bit, "Quick question, which Dreamscape is this? I was hoping to end up with one of my companions, but I have zero clue where I am."

"Your companions? You are aware you can text them here, right? Phones work in the Dreamscape."

"Huh? They do?"

Right on cue, something buzzed and y/n retrieved her phone from her pocket with an awestruck look, "Woah... you're right, it does work here, that's crazy!"