𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Y/n's memories had been tampered with, just to keep away the bad memories until she was able to recall them without... you know, going insane. Again.

Happier memories were easier to access, while the not so happy ones required specific buttons to be pressed.

Well. All the right buttons were being pressed as she was held in her mother's embrace, more and more memories of warmth and safety flooding her mind.

First, it was the Artisanship Commission.

Walking along the pathways with her mother and brother, both of them holding her hands. Strong, comforting hands. Hands that belonged to people who loved her.

A kind, gentle voice humming soothing words to her as those same caring hands tended to the less favorable outcomes of her training.

Smells... so many wonderful smells, trying to scowl at the unexpected dinner guests but finding herself unable to when her mother pinched her cheek.

Memories of indescribable pain, constant and unyielding with only a few moments of peace.

E/c eyes that matched her own, slightly puffy and reddened from crying. S/c hands cupping her face, and that voice, trembling and filled with grief.

"It's okay to cry, y/n. Even fierce Cloud Knights like yourself have to be vulnerable from time to time, right?"

That same voice, worried and panicked.
That gentle hand holding hers, keeping her grounded.

"I'm here, y/n, don't worry. I'll stay right here."

Y/n closed her eyes, letting out an exhale of relief as she leaned further into her mother's embrace. Safe.

Finally safe.

Nothing could hurt her, not here.

No undying armies whose heads she had to crush if she didn't want them to come back again later, no fighting through indescribable pain, no dying then coming back over and over no matter how much she begged for it to just stop, no more being alone, just... warmth. Safety.

She was safe here.

"Woah... she fell asleep..!" March whispered, eyes round with amazement as she stared at where y/n had allowed herself to doze off in her mother's arms, the older woman caressing her hair gently while humming quietly, "Should we leave them be?"

"Let's give them some time to themselves." Welt confirmed with a small smile before turning to Master Gongshu who waved them over, "It seems as though Master Gongshu has something he'd like to say to us."

"Mm, alright!" March chimed.

As her and Mr. Yang headed for the artisan, the merchant who'd been running around after m/n joining them, Caelus and Tingyun remained by the Creation Furnace, gazing up at it.

Oh! A message.

Caelus checked his phone and found that he'd received some message from Tingyun! But... they were right next to one another?

Tingyun
Did you see that, Caelus?
When the Ebon Deer stomped the ground, branches and roots spawned from nothing

..?

Caelus
Those are the Ambrosial Arbor roots, aren't they?

Tingyun
The celestial traces of the Abundance are truly marvelous to behold. This is the first time I've seen something so miraculous, even among all my travels.

The fruits on those boughs are sparkling golden just like how the Xianzhou legend say

It is said that in ancient times, the forebears of the the Xianzhou received immortal fruits like this of the Ambrosial Arbor and turned into long-life species.