𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒

(He's so— he's— he's—)

'Home... I wanna go home.'

'I'm tired. Really tired.'

'Mama will be worried, I should go back'

"Hey, you good?"

Y/n blinked blearily, then looked at Caelus who had swapped outfits to his usual fit. Hole free and very clean.

Y/n and March 7th had been ready to go, but the hydrogen bomb was lagging behind. So, of course, y/n went to go check on him.

"I'm just looking for something, it won't take long."

It'd been long enough for y/n to space out, so clearly that statement had been a big fat lie. Regardless, he seemed to be ready now, so they could leave.

"I'm fine, let's just get going." y/n murmured as she got up from where she was seated. Caelus watched her with a little frown before suddenly blurting, "If we run into trouble, I'll handle it."

"Huh?"

"I'll keep you and March safe, so you just relax. Okay? Don't worry about doing any fighting." Caelus assured her. It felt odd to not see him smiling, but his words were still such a relief to hear.

Y/n's breath hitched a bit as she inhaled, quickly turning her gaze back to her lap as she nodded, "Right... thank you, Caelus. I appreciate it."

It'd be fine. Caelus was there to protect them.

Surely everything would be fine—

"Boss, encounter with two unknowns. Want me to take them? Over." a shocked gasp from March 7th followed as she jumped to shield y/n.

"Take us out?!" March demanded before turning her gaze to the hydrogen bomb, "Caelus!"

"On it!" the gray haired trailblazer exclaimed, brandishing that bat of his as y/n could only stand there looking like an appalled fish.

'Wait, what's even-?'

Y/n watched in with a blank look as Caelus slammed his bat against the IPC Worker's face, sending the man to the ground.

"What the hell?! Get off of me!"

"Get him, Caelus, get 'em!"

WHAM! POW! WHACK! BAM!

Y/n was left staring at the snowflakes dancing through the air before her brain started working again and she looked down at where Caelus was just going ham on the poor dude.

The IPC Worker had begun fighting back, managing to land a good hit on Caelus' nose before the trailblazer broke through his helmet and started landing some direct hits to his face.

Left, right, left, right, a random kick to the crotch from March. Y/n was in shock as her companions took turns beating down on the IPC Worker while she kind of just stood there in complete disbelief.