𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒

(Bruh the notebook was at the very bottom of my bag. How did it get there)

(Anyways—)

Death. Dying. Flatlining.

It doesn't exist in the dreamscape, that's what y/n was told. So just what the hell was this guy yapping about?

'Couldn't I just have a normal vacation?' she wondered with a weary look, 'First the Cocaine Dragon and now this... crack head.'

"...so, let me get this straight. You're asking me, an Emanator of Abundance... about death in a dream?"

"Mhm."

"I mean... I could definitely kill you." 'An Emanator of Abundance is still an Emanator, killing a normal person is about as easy as breathing. That bastard tree was proof enough of that. But... it won't be pretty.'

"Of course you could."

"But you've already tried other methods that returned you safely to reality." "Yep, that's correct."

Y/n stared at her glass of water, the bartender called her basic when she ordered it, before giving Aventurine a look of disbelief, "So what the hell do you need me for?"

"Your little friend with the weird infatuation with stellar jades said you were quite strong, enough to split something like the Ambrosial Arbor in two. Maybe just give killing me a try and see what happens."

"I know what dying over and over feels like, don't you want... a break, maybe? A breather or something?"

"Nope, go ahead."

Y/n looked left, then right. Aventurine waited patiently as she continued looking around, almost as if she were keeping an eye out for trouble.

"There's no rush, take your t—"

Y/n punched him in the back of the head, slamming his face right into the bar and cracking it. He fell right off his chair but y/n quickly leaned her body over to cover the crack in the table, smiling innocently at the bartender when the confused man glanced back at her.

"Good evening."

"Err..." the bartender nodded, "Hey."

It was a couple of minutes before Aventurine walked back into the bar and took a seat next to y/n, retrieving his drink. He didn't say anything, just sat there contemplating for a long moment.

"Didn't work, I'm guessing." y/n commented.

"Well I definitely saw something, but you're right. I was sent right back to reality and woke up in my room." Aventurine hummed, "Maybe it'll work if you stabbed me... where's that sword you used on the arbor?"

"First of all, stop being a nosy bastard. Second, you should probably give yourself a break. Dying over and over isn't good on the mental health, you know." y/n pointed out, "I won't ask why you're so intent on kicking the bucket, specifically because I want a relaxing vacation, but..." she hesitated, wondering whether or not it would be alright to share her rather odd experience prior to finding him, "I did... have a strange encounter before I came here."

Aventurine tilted his head, the slightest look of interest in his gaze, "I'm listening..."

Y/n recounted the encounter with the Cocaine Dragon, leaving out details on the crow which had come to her aid as well as the rather unpleasant experience of being trapped in a cell she couldn't leave without help.

She told Aventurine about how the thing chased her through the weird... wrong version of the hotel halls and how it proceeded to bash her head against the wall a couple of times before she made her narrow escape.