𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖮𝗇𝖾

(Here's your chapter)

(No apology with a ukulele though 😃)

[Revised a lil bit, no Emanator yet]

"What do you think? I think the uniform suits me, but I wanna hear your thoughts! Well?"

A little grin, e/c eyes radiant and glimmering with life.

"Do I look like a Cloud Knight now?"

M/n felt numb.

The world around her was silent. Everything moved, others went about their day. Time kept going forward.

But she felt stuck as she stared at her daughter's empty room, her body numb as she looked over another room that would be vacant. Forever, this time.

She still remembered how y/n felt in her arms as she'd died. M/n could remember how that last breath she took just barely stirred the air, she remembered feeling the life leave her child's body.

Y/n was gone. It didn't feel real.

As her child was taken away, M/n expected her to pop right back up. Kicking and laughing about how she wasn't dead yet. Or maybe she'd blearily awaken at the Ten Lords Commission, simply having been napping.

Ah... the Ten Lords Commission.

Because of her abnormal transition into becoming mara-stricken, a Judge from the Ten Lords had come to take her away. To ensure that she'd stay dead and couldn't cause any more damage.

"Mom?"

The woman didn't reply for a long moment. She felt weak, tired, but a tug on her hand from Yun caused her to glance his way.

The boy's expression was solemn, "Y/n's friends are here to speak with you. Do you... want to talk with them?"

M/n exhaled quietly.

Right, her friends.

She shook her head.
"I'm sorry, I... can't, right now."

Yun glanced at the stairs, then back at his mother, "Alright, I understand. I'll go let them know."

The Astral Express Crew were all waiting at a table, seated with the cups of puffergoat milk and tuskpir wraps Yun had offered to them.

The sweet treats that Caelus and March usually would've been excited to eat remained untouched. Welt nor Dan Heng seemed all that eager to eat either.

Thanks to Dan Heng's efforts, followed by some assistance from Bailu after Welt suggested a trip to the little Vidyadhara, Welt and March 7th were as good as new despite taking the brunt of y/n's attacks during her rampage back at the arbor.

They wouldn't have to worry about the wounds chasing them any problems, though March would need to take it easy for a while. The four trailblazers who had boarded the Luofu would be just fine, able to return back to the Astral Express.

Their fifth, however would be laid to rest on the Luofu. The home which she had dedicated her soul, body, everything. It would be the place where she would finally rest.

"I'm sorry, my Mom is... unwell at the moment. She would love to see you all, but I don't think now is the best time." Yun murmured with a solemn expression as he stood by the table where the trailblazers were seated.