𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

(Might end up actually updating daily because there's so many chapters I have finished 💀)

Y/n had plenty of nicknames her comrades would call her by, each having the similar theme of her being some kind of demon, due to her prowess in battle.

She had not only mastered the sword, but effectively turned herself into one. The same with the bow, greatsword, polearm, and various other weapons she'd had the pleasure of mastering.

She was practically unbeatable during training, and a terrifying combatant on the battlefield, but the nickname 'Demon' had come from her relentless, unwavering focus in battle.

She didn't hesitate.

She didn't cower in the face of the enemy.

Not once did her blade falter.

At least, that was what others thought.

She did hesitate once, only once, and it nearly got her killed. She remembered it vividly. Too vividly.
.
"H-Hey, You're joking right now, yeah? You can stop playing around, haha..."

Y/n's words didn't match her tone or the devastated look on her face, her hand pressed against her side to stop herself from bleeding out.

In her other hand was her sword, but she had absolutely no intentions of doing anything with it. Not against this enemy.

This creature... it was monstrous and one of the things y/n's swore to destroy, but y/n still saw that upbeat ▇▇▇▇ who had taught her how to use heavy weight weapons so efficiently.

The one who'd slack off with her during the training, and would treat her injuries when she ended up with some.

▇▇▇-▇▇▇. Y/n didn't know how, but she knew.

Still, no matter how many times she internally reminded herself that she needed to kill him, she still just couldn't do it.

The thing— no, her friend approached, seemingly unable to recognize her through the madness that had tightened its hold on him.

Even when she shouted for him to snap out of it, even when she knocked him across the head with her fist only to end up nearly being cut up, he showed no signs of recognizing her.

The creature in front of her approached, inhuman noises leaving it. However, through the strange sounds, y/n could still hear his voice.

Begging... begging her.

No use. It was useless.

Y/n would die if she hesitated any longer.

One time, she tried to warn him one last time-!

"Don't make me do this!"

The ▇▇▇-▇▇▇ Cloud Knight paid her pleas no mind, swinging and knocking her sword from her hand.

She recoiled, the attack just barely grazing her nose before she immediately returned the favor with a swift punch that blew right through the creature's chest.

Y/n winced. It felt like all the cells in her body were screaming in agony over what she'd just done, but she squeezed her eyes shut as the creature attempted to kill her once more only for a second impact to blow another hole into it.

The Cloud Knight grimaced as the creature screamed, the noise practically tearing her apart. She could hear him, through it all, she could hear him.