𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

(I'm spiraling into insanity rn, ngl)

(Caelus, looking fine as usual 😏)

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nah, not really."

Jing Yuan watched y/n as she carefully cleaned a set of Cloud Knight armor, her e/c eyes focused. He watched how her gaze skimmed over old scratches and scuffs on the armor's surface.

The young man took a seat beside her, watching as she continued to tend to the old set of armor. He focused on her hands and the way they shook slightly as she worked. It wasn't noticeable at first glance, but it was there.

Wordlessly, Jing Yuan placed a hand on her head and tipped her over so she was leaning against him. She tensed a little, before the trembling in her hands spread to the rest of her as tears gathered in her eyes.

It never got easy, watching the spiritfarers take someone away. It shook the young Cloud Knight to her core every single time, and she would barely hold herself together until one small thing finally caused her to break down.

She was careful about who she broke down in front of.

Very selective, somehow managing to hold it in around people she didn't want to cry around.

As much as she bickered with her white haired companion, the quiet sobs she let out in this rare moment of vulnerability were a sign that she still felt comfortable with relying on him for support.

Jing Yuan wasn't always there when she needed him, but he wanted to be. From now on, he decided he was going to be there for her however he could.

Even if that meant she gave him that murder glare.

"Let me go."

A simple statement, but it held the weight of hours and hours of fury that Jing Yuan would be subjected to. Usually, he'd just brush it off and deal with the 💩 storm later, but this situation was a bit different.

Y/n was desperate. There was despair in her eyes, and her breathing was labored as she tried to pry the general's arm away as she looked back and forth between his face and the spiritfarer taking her mother away.

The further and further m/n got, the heavier y/n's breathing became as her panic increased and tears began to gather in her eyes.

"Hey, no, they can't take her away." her words were rushed and hasty as she tried to squirm her way out of Jing Yuan's grasp, "Damn it, let me go! I can't lose her!"

"I'm sorry, y/n." was all Jing Yuan could say as he held her still. He didn't want to see his friend's mother being taken away either, but somehow seeing the look of disbelief and hurt in her face was worse, "It's time."

"No it's not, no the hell it's not!" y/n protested, "You can't do this, you can't—!" upon realizing that nobody was going to listen to a word she said, she zeroed in on her mother, "M...Mom! Mama!"