CHAPTER FOURTY TWO

Freen couldn't believe her ears, she was sure she heard it right. Prince Richard was alive, the first heir to the throne was alive.

" I told you to be quick, the leader will not like this ". A soldier grumbled as he walked towards Freen with his spear, Freen gulped, she needed to discuss a few things with Prince Richard but the situation wasn't good.

" Take this ". Prince Richard's shivering hand reached for Freen's hand once again as he handed her a piece of cloth which Freen crumbled it up in her fist so the soldier would not notice.

As the soldier was nearing Freen, she stood up and walked towards him, not giving him any opportunity to suspect anything.

" He was being an ass ". Freen rolled her eyes as she walked towards the soldier, completely lying about what happened and hiding the truth. " He is like that with everyone ". The soldier stopped as he tried to examine anything out of the ordinary.

He then led Freen to her cell and locked the door, Freen immediately opened her fist to take a look at the cloth Prince Richard handed to her.

" What's wrong ? ". Lisa asked as she saw Freen frozen in her spot, Freen gulped down. She didn't know what she should tell the others, they didn't know that Prince Richard was taken away by the death knights in the previous war.

It was the information shared by the Princess with Freen, she closed her eyes as she opened her mouth to speak, to share the truth.

" Prince Richard ". Those were the only words that came out of her mouth, everyone stared at her, waiting for her to say anything after those words. " What about him ? Isn't he in England ? ". Sulax said nonchalantly, Freen opened her mouth once again as she wanted to explain the real situation to everyone but stopped.

Will she be betraying Becca ?

She trusted only Freen with this..

Nobody knows about Richard..

Will she break her trust with this ?

" Freen ? Are you okay ? ". Heng asked, Freen hummed, she takes slow steps towards the window, hoping that in the moonlight she can look at the cloth. " Freen ? ". Sulax came behind her and placed her hand on her shoulder, Freen flinched as she was scared.

" You are acting a little strange, you know you can tell us anything ". Noey said and everyone nodded, Freen took a deep breath as she clenched her fists tightly and with the cloth in it.

" What was it about ? Prince Richard ? Did you hear something ? ". Billy asked, everyone kept their silence, giving Freen time to speak.

" Prince Richard is here ". Freen closed her eyes as she finally said this, she knew that it will not remain a secret forever, she knows that she is breaking Becca's trust right now, but her team has the right to know if they are going to help Prince Richard escape as well.

" What ? How ? ". Everyone was shocked, they looked at each other, completely clueless. " He can't be ? Wasn't he in England ? ". Arnold stated, everyone nodded as this was the only information they had about Prince Richard.

" He never was in England ". Freen stated as she sighed and slid down to sit on the floor, everyone gathered around her as they sensed the importance of the topic. " What do you mean 'he was never in England' ? ". Noey asked, Freen sighed, the slightest doubt still left in her mind, with a close of her eyes, Freen decided to go with it.

" Prince Richard was taken as a prisoner during the last war we faced, the only reason the king admitted his defeat was because of that. The death knights had held both the prince and the princess hostage and only gave an option to save one ". Freen let everyone the secret Rebecca shared with her before they became lovers, that's why the topic always remained sensitive for the royal family.