CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

" Stop it ". Noey screamed on top of her lungs, she could see life being drained out of Freen by the hands on her neck, choking her to death.

" We will serve you, we all will serve you ". Noey stated with a shiver in her voice, the leader stopped, he left Freen's neck immediately. " Wise choice ". The leader nodded, he left with a huff, he ordered his men to untie every slave from the tree and start the journey to the headquarters.

" Why would you do it ? ". Freen gasped for air, she clutched the sand in her hands as she hated Noey for rescuing her, for agreeing to be the death knights slave. " Have you lost your mind ? ". Noey yelled at Freen who was taken aback from her sudden outburst.

" I don't want to serve him, be his slave ". Freen replied back, Noey snorted, she shook her head as she couldn't believe Freen's stupidity. " Leave your pride aside for a second, Freen ". Noey yelled, Freen glared at her friend, not knowing why she got so worked up.

" We weren't meant to surrender, we were meant to die with pride ". Freen huffed, Noey rolled her eyes, if her hands were not in cuffs, she would have punched Freen in the face herself.

" Look at the situation Freen, do you really think that this is the time to talk about pride ? ". Noey fought back, no one dared to interrupt the two as they fought because everyone knew it was necessary and bound to happen.

" We are soldiers, Noey, we are meant to die like that ". Freen stated, she wouldn't want her legacy to be this, that she died as a slave, not as a proud warrior.

" This isn't the time to think about our legacy, this is the time to think about survival, look at all of us, Freen, the fear is evident in our eyes, did you not see the blood that is on the ground ? The blood of our fellow soldier, her being beheaded in front of us ? ". Noey retorted back, Freen was too much in her head and pride that she couldn't see the situation clearly, Freen rolled her eyes and refused to agree with Noey.

" Then did you really wish to die ? ". Noey snapped when she met with Freen's silence over the issue, Freen stared at her for a long time without replying.

" If you can't think about us and our lives, think about the princess, you really wish for the princess to see your dead body ? ". Noey stated with a much calmer voice than before, after the mention of her lover, Freen gulped down.

" If you can't think about your own life, think about hers, what will she do when you are dead ". Noey didn't stop, she knew that Freen took the impulsive decision, didn't think it through.

" You don't know what you have done ". Freen mumbled, she understood the reason behind Noey intertwining between her and the leader but she couldn't forgive her for agreeing to be his slave.

" That was bound to happen, sooner or later, we can't fight it anymore ". Noey mumbled, everyone seemed to calm down when the fight between the two women subsided, everyone could see the clearer picture.

" Drag the slaves, we are ready for departure ". The leader announced, the soldiers came towards the tree and took control of each slaves leash and went ahead with the rest of the journey.

Freen hung her head low and followed the leader of the death knights, she didn't fight back when he ordered her around. She understood why Noey came between the leader and her, she knew that Freen's stupidity would lead to her death.

Noey and Freen both had lovers, the lovers who wished for their return, Freen was blinded with her pride in the moment that she even forgot about Becca, her lover whom she promised forever to. Even if Freen didn't reply to her confession when she left, but in her heart she knew Rebecca was the one and when Becca sealed her feelings for her, she knew she had to make a return.