CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

" Be careful ".

" We wouldn't want to wake up others ".

" Shit, what the fuck is wrong with you ".

" Check your surroundings ".

" Do we have what we need ? ".

Freen stirred in her sleep, the people whispering in the dark woke her up, with opening up one of her eyes she looked around in the dark.

She groaned as she couldn't spot the source of the sound, she tried to move her arms a little but to no avail, she was chained.

" Oh look at her ".

" Being a prisoner suits her ".

" She seems to be sleeping ".

Freen opened her eyes once again when the source of the voice came near her. In the darkness of the night she couldn't see properly, until the man light up a small fire as a source of light.

" Look at you captain ". The man laughed lightly, he was one of the men who voted against Freen's leadership, Freen wondered what he was doing out in the open, roaming free. She looked behind him, there were all of his team members, she now looked at the man who stared at her.

" How ? ". It was the only thing Freen could say, the weariness took over her completely. " We attacked the soldier who was escorting us back to our cell and it turns out he also had the key ". The man winked, Freen slowly nodded, it felt like a good plan to escape but why does she not have a good feeling about this.

" Look we told you to escape with us ". The man was rubbing it in Freen's face that he managed to free his team that quickly, Freen just slowly nodded, allowing the man to boost his ego, the man puffed his chest as Freen acknowledged his efforts.

" Mark, we need to be quick ". The others whispered, Mark nodded and started walking away but stopped, he turned around to face Freen one last time.

" This may be helpful in the future ". Mark grinned as he pulled out the other keys he found in the soldier's pocket, Freen knew it from the first sight that it was the key to the chains of other prisoners along with the cell door.

" If you are smart enough to escape ". Mark added in the end, Freen clenched her jaw as she nodded, allowing Mark to step at her self respect one last time.

With that Mark led his team towards the forest safely, Freen glanced their way, hoping for them to make it, hoping that they reach the kingdom, maybe that way Becca could know that Freen is alive.

" God please ". Freen muttered under her breath, the exhaustion took over her once again, Freen's eyes closed on their own as she went to sleep once again.

Freen didn't know how much time went by but she was woken up by cold water splashing onto her face. Freen gasped immediately, trying to get over the cold shock as someone grabbed her hair and slapped her face.

" Where are they ? ". The man roared, Freen opened her eyes, she could see the leader standing behind the man, looking impatient. Guessing from the look of their faces, Freen could tell that they know that some of the prisoners escaped.

" Answer me quickly ". The man spat, Freen groaned as the man punched her stomach. " I don't know what you are talking about ". Freen said, this will be the last time she will support the others, if she could buy them some more time she would try but not at the expense of her own health.

The man was about to hit Freen again but the leader raised his hand, making the man stop and step back. The leader stepped towards Freen and bent down, he grabbed her chin and made her look at him.