CHAPTER FOURTY

Time went by slowly after the incident, Freen thought that there would be more tests given by the leader just to check her loyalty towards the death knights but none came, it was as if the leader believed her.

The morning after everything happened, the group was treated with a meal, a proper meal after days of not having anything. Freen and the others reluctantly gobbled down whatever they were given, even if they had no appetite, they knew it was necessary to keep them alive.

" Is this a reward of killing them ? ". Arnold chuckled, the event has a negative impact on him and honestly everyone could understand him. Freen forced the food to go down with tears in her eyes, already thinking of the outcomes of admitting whatever happened that day was her fault.

First one was...

Becca..

She had already accepted the fact that

Becca won't love her anymore..

No one was getting over the guilt they felt after that day but were able to hide it in front of the enemy soldiers, pretending that they were not affected by seeing the dead bodies of their fellow soldiers.

The torture didn't end there, each day when it was time to feed Jeffery the food that was hunted by Freen's team, the leader would specially ask two people from her team to feed Jeffery.

When the time came, two people would be escorted to the storage room to pick the meat for Jeffrey. That day it was Freen and Noey, both of them shared glances with each other and nodded, they already knew what was going to happen as Arnold and Heng had their turn before theirs. When the door of the storage room opened, they were greeted by a foul smell, both of them scrunched by their noses but didn't complain.

The bodies had been stored for over a week, they were decaying in the corner and nobody cared. " Pick one and drag it towards Jeffrey room ". The soldier pushed Freen and Noey further into the room and ordered them to pick one body to feed Jeffery.

Freen's hand shivered as she didn't know what to do, the body were covered with a cloth so they wouldn't know who it was until they became Jeffrey's food. " Don't think ". Noey whispered, she regretted it as well but nothing else could have been done, they were dead and were bound to become Jeffrey's meal.

Noey and Freen blindly chose a body and decided to drag it towards Jeffrey. The soldier immediately covered his nose when they dragged the body outside, everyone could feel the smell of the decaying body but no one decided to do anything about it.

" Be quick, Jeffrey doesn't like to wait ". The soldier ordered and Freen and Noey complied with no hesitation, knowing that one wrong step could lead to something serious. With heavy steps, they slowly dragged the body towards Jeffrey, when they were near his room, they could hear him growling and hungry for food.

The door opened and there was Jeffrey growling with his teeth out to attack, Freen and Noey panicked but stood their ground, they threw the body towards his direction. Jeffrey calmed down for a second, he slowly approached his food, the saliva dripping from his mouth, stained the cloth which covered the body.

With one single bite, Jeffrey bite into the body's neck, the cloth was removed in an instant and both women standing in the doorway could see who it was.

Mark

Jeffrey dismembered his head from his body and enjoyed his meal, even in his last moments, Mark stared directly forwards Freen and she was forced to look back, no choice given, she stared as Mark was devoured by the wolf, she couldn't turn around and close her eyes, it was a consequence she had to face due to her own mistakes and her own desire to survive.