CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

The princess was under observation, there were no signs of internal bleeding but she was still unconscious. The king knew what had happened to Freen but he was being cautious.

" Let's wait for Rebecca to wake up, till then I am going to believe what you saw but I still doubt it ". The king announced, he didn't believe that Freen was a part of the invasion and helped his father in an attempt to kidnap the princess.

" Sarocha isn't like that ". The king muttered as he sat beside Rebecca's bed, the queen was alongside him, she put a hand on his shoulder. " You should focus on the war, I am here ". The queen suggested and the king hesitantly left Rebecca's bedside.

To protect the queen and the unconscious princess, the king assigned Non and Noey inside the royal doctor's office. The doctor came inside to draw Rebecca's blood for another test.

" How long is she going to be like this ? ". The queen demanded answers, the royal doctor sighed and shook his head. " It is difficult to determine, her body is functioning perfectly fine but we are checking for anything abnormal ". The doctor replied and immediately left with the blood vessel to examine in his laboratory.

On the other hand, it was the second day inside the dungeon for Freen. The dungeon guard would throw cold water at her whenever she demanded food or antiseptic for her wound. After her few attempts, Freen accepted the fact that there is no one coming to look after her wound which will probably end up being infected.

Freen sat up on the wet floor, her eyes were red as she lacked proper rest, Freen tried to look at her wound on her arm but it was not in a good condition. Freen snorted at her own condition, thinking how she ended up like this when she had done nothing wrong.

" Hey !! ". The guard banged on the iron bars of the cell to grab Freen's attention, he threw a piece of bread her way. " Your food ". The guard started with Freen and went on to serve the piece of bread to everyone in the dungeon.

The piece of bread was tasteless but it was still better than having nothing. The prisoners inside the dungeon were fed food only thrice a week, only a piece of bread was considered as their food for the whole day.

" This isn't enough you fucker !! ". Someone yelled at the guard only to be rewarded by a hit on their back with a rod. " Eat it if you want to but this is all you are going to get ". The guard shouted back, the prisoner mumbled something under his breath and picked up the piece of bread to eat it.

Someone threw a little piece of rock inside Freen's cell to grab her attention, she looked up only to see the man from the other dungeon trying to talk to her.

" What did you do for you to end up here ? ". The prisoner wondered, he wasn't sure why a royal guard would be here. " Did you kill someone ? Or did you steal anything ? ". The prisoner added, Freen just scowled and refused to answer his questions.

The man slumped back into his seat and stared at Freen who was not talkative. " Are you not going to talk ? ". The man threw another rock at Freen, she just glared at the man, the man backed off instantly.

" Be quiet ". The guard roared and instructed the man in the other cell. Freen smiled and leaned against the wall, her back and her body hurt from the position but it was nothing she could do.

Freen winced as she felt a sharp pain in her thigh, the wound that her father inflicted was giving her trouble. " I think my wound is infected ". Freen mumbled, the guard glanced at her and ignored her.

" Can't you hear me ? ". Freen retorted back, the guard glared at her, he got another bucket of cold water and threw at Freen. " How is that supposed to help me ? ". Freen snapped back, the guard came towards her with a rod to hit her.