CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

After dinner, the king was worried about his daughter, he wished to take back the words he said, he was harsh he knew but it had to be done.

" It was for her own safety ". The king reminded himself, he nodded his head but the eerie feeling was still inside him, the guilt of denying his daughter's request.

" If it troubles you that much, why don't you head to her bedchamber and see how she is ". The queen suggested, the king nodded, he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep if this goes on.

" I will speak to her ". The king informed his wife and got out of their shared room, the king was about to head to his daughter's chamber when someone called for him.

" Sorry, your majesty, I had to come to you this late at night ". The army commander bowed down in front of his ruler, the king acknowledged and allowed the commander to speak.

" What is the matter ? Is this urgent ? ". The king hurried asked the commander, he was impatient and needed to talk to his daughter. " It would be great if we discuss this matter, it should be done this instant, your majesty ". Arthur, the commander, bowed down in front of the king and escorted him to the meeting chamber.

" What is it ? Is this so urgent that it has to be discussed right now ? ". The king asked and the commander nodded without second thoughts. " It is something you should know ". Arthur insisted and the king sighed and allowed his army commander to walk him to the meeting room.

" So ? ". The king started and without beating around the bush, Arthur got straight to the point. " We got it this evening ". Arthur handed his leader a letter, the king raised his eyebrows before opening.

" It is the information our men were able to gather ". Arthur explained, the king sighed and nodded, he put the letter on the table and gestured Arthur to take a seat.

" What is inside this ? ". The king wanted to hear it rather than read it. " We were right, there is a war coming ". Arthur simply stated the truth he learned from their spies in the kingdom.

" Is it them again ? ". The king was completely worried. " Yes the same group that participated in the last war ". Arthur confirmed king's suspicion, the king slammed his fist on the table in anger.

" What is their number ? ". The king calmed himself down before asking this from arthur. " The death knights are large in number this time, about 200 and we believe that they are going to get internal support from the east villagers ". Arthur informed , the king took a sharp breath in.

The death knights, the group of ravagers and criminals, not belonging to any kingdom, they only work for their benefit and want to extract money from killing innocent people and acquiring land but mostly they engage in war for fun, taking soldiers hostage was a hobby to them.

The last war the kingdom had to face was were death knights played a supporting role, helping the enemy empire, helping them capture the land. They were the ones that single handedly invaded the royal palace and took Prince Richard along with them. Last time they worked for money, this time it maybe for fun or there is a hidden agenda behind this, or just want to create havoc in a kingdom already in its ruins.

The east villagers who are suspected to help them in this warfare are the ones that attacked the princess whenever she visited the village with her guard and by the information they received, they know how to fight. They emerged after the war, when the king failed to protect his people and his family.

" Are we certain that east villagers are in this ? ". The king asked, the army commander sighed and nodded. " We are 90 percent sure they are in this, the situation in the east village downgraded at a rapid pace, we saw the repercussions and we can't even forget what happened with the princess because of it ". When Arthur mentioned the princess, the king got up from his chair as he remembered the purpose for which he ventured out of his chamber at night.