CHAPTER TWELVE

Freen was worried as the royal family ended their private talk, the Princess walked where Freen stood. " Let's go ". The princess mumbled, her guard nodded and followed the princess without any word.

" Is everything okay ? ". Freen asked the princess, Rebecca momentarily looked at her. " Didn't you hear what we discussed ? ". The princess asked her guard who was standing close to them, the guard shook her head.

" His majesty and you seemed to have an argument so I decided to give you some privacy, as it was not my place to hear what you were discussing ". Freen replied sincerely with a bow of her head, the princess sighed and nodded.

" We are going to the east village ". The princess stated, Freen froze in her spot when she heard that they will be heading to her village but then relaxed. " Right now ? ". The guard questioned and the princess nodded, she walked towards the stables, to get to her carriage.

" Does that mean I get to ride Jimmy ? ". The guard asked excitedly, the princess stared at her with squinted eyebrows. " Jimmy ? ". The princess wasn't aware of who is Jimmy but from her guard's expression, it was surely someone dear to her.

" Yes, Jimmy, my horse, I do own that horse, right ? ". The confidence in the guard's voice faded away with her last words. " You named that horse Jimmy ? ". The princess giggled as she inquired her guard about the name of the horse. " I can't do that ? ". Freen awkwardly chuckled, thinking that it was inappropriate of her to name the horse.

" No you can, I just didn't expect that to happen in two days ". The princess took a deep breath as she answered her guard's question. " So we are taking Jimmy right ? ". The guard continued with her initial excitement, the princess shook her head with a chuckle.

" The carriage horses are different so we can't take Jimmy with us ". The princess replied, Freen's mood changed instantly, she frowned and then nodded. The princess regretted saying that as she saw the guard's smile faded away instantly after hearing what the princess had said.

The princess and her guard reached the stables where Rebecca ordered the stable keepers to ready the horses which will be used for the carriage, it took them only few moments to ready what had the princess ordered.

" What is the purpose of your visit ? ". The guard asked as the carriage was being pushed out of the storage. " Why are you asking ? ". The princess was bewildered by this sudden question, her guard was quiet for the whole time the servants prepared for the princess's departure.

" I need to be prepared for everything that can go wrong, princess ". Freen replied with a neutral expression, she was thinking of countless scenarios that could happen, she was worried about princess's safety. " Nothing will go wrong and if it does I trust you with my safety ". The princess was confident in her new guard, even though she had just seen her fight once, when those words left Rebecca's mouth, Freen turned her gaze to look at the princess.

Becca gulped and looked straight ahead, Freen's gaze held so many emotions, she didn't think that the princess would have so much confidence in her abilities when she hasn't even proven her worth, it was more burden on her shoulders, she had to maintain the image she had in front of the princess.

To prove the princess's trust in her..

When the carriage was ready to be taken to the village, Freen helped the princess to get in by helping her with the stairs, Freen provided her hand as a support so the princess doesn't lose her balance. Rebecca was hesitant at first but she took the offer, she held Freen's hand as she climbed up the little stairs of her carriage and then she stepped in, the door was closed by Freen who then walked to the front to ride the carriage to the village.