CHAPTER ELEVEN

The first day as the princess's guard wasn't going to bad like Freen had first thought, the princess had breakfast with the king and the queen in the morning.

" Rebecca ". The king called out her daughter's name, Freen was standing in the corner as she waited for the princess to finish her breakfast. " Yes father ". The princess replied to her father, the king sighed.

" Three days from now, King Henry and Queen Ruth are visiting our kingdom along with their son Prince Saint, we would be having dinner with them and will be organizing a gathering so please be present ". The king requested his daughter and the princess knew she had to be their as it was her duty as the future queen of the kingdom.

" I will be there father ". The princess nodded, the king smiled, his daughter didn't show any hesitation in agreeing with it. " One more thing, the people who were injured during the attack in the market have been sent to their home after their recovery ". The king informed his daughter who sighed in relief, everyone made a full recovery.

" In the afternoon, we would be having a meeting with the commander, Don't be late ". The king instructed and the princess just nodded, after that the princess was allowed to go as she finished her meal.

" Where to next ? ". The princess's guard sighed as she asked the future ruler. " I don't know maybe we should head back to the library and continue reading from where we left it off ". The princess shrugged, Freen sighed and shook her head.

" You have a pretty normal routine, you rarely leave the palace, You spend most of your time in the library. I still don't understand why the king is so adamant on providing you with a guard ". The guard mumbled, not because she didn't like her current work but because it didn't make sense.

" Tell me about it, my father will never listen to me if I try to talk him out of it ". The princess giggled as her new guard seemed to understand her situation. Freen smiled after hearing the princess's giggle, it was like a music to her ears.

" When did you become interested in plants ? ". The princess asked her guard, remembering that she read a book about them in the library. " I was 7 years old when my mother started teaching me small things about them, first it was just restricted to flowers but then my interest grew on its own and then I started learning about other types ". Freen answered the princess's question sincerely, she was reminiscing the good memories she had of her mother.

" I would want to learn something about them too ". The princess stated as she smiled at her guard who just nodded. " Whenever you want to, I will be ready, princess ". The guard replied, the princess was sure that she was blushing as she felt the heat run to her cheeks, she cleared her throat and decided to be quiet throughout their way.

When they reached the library, the maid was there to clean the library, she bowed in front of the princess and looked weirdly at the new guard. " I am Freen Sarocha Chankimha, the princess's new guard ". Freen introduced herself as she slightly bowed down in front of the maid who was a little old.

She awkwardly nodded and left the library, the princess who saw the interaction shook her head. " That was not required ". The princess stated, Freen nervously chuckled and scratched her nape. " Oh, it wasn't ? ". Freen asked and the princess nodded which a slight giggle.

Both of them continued reading their books, Freen would occasionally glance at the Princess, whose eyebrows furrowed whenever she read something that was literary beautiful and conveyed a sad message, the princess was lost in the world of her books and her guard was lost in her.

Freen didn't pay attention to her book when the art was sitting in front of her, whoever said that the princess's beauty was unmatched was right.

" Let's head back to the palace, the meeting with the commander is going to start soon ". The princess said as she looked up from her book and found her guard staring at her, she cleared her throat averted her gaze.