CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

The king was worried about his daughter's health, ever since the doctor informed that Rebecca needs two weeks of rest and won't be able to walk around like she used to.

The king missed his daughter's presence, her joyful personality and her smile whenever she wanted something from her father. These days Rebecca was not able to join them for their meals.

" Irin ? ". The king called the princess's personal maid, Irin bowed in front of her ruler. " How is the princess doing ? ". The king questioned her, Irin smiled as she knew that the princess was doing better than the king imagined as she had her lover by her side to take care of her.

" She seemed to be okay when I saw her this morning ". Irin informed him, the king immediately got up from his chair, completely worried about his daughter's health. " You are supposed to be with her ! You are her maid, you should have made sure that you are there when she needs something ". The king yelled at the maid, thinking that she failed herself and the duty she was assigned too, Irin sighed after that.

" Princess Rebecca requested to be alone after her meal, so I left her bedchamber ". Irin stated, Rebecca obviously didn't need two people taking care of her everyday, her lover was capable enough to do that.

" That was a long time ago ". The king muttered, he sighed as he shook his head, disappointed in the maid and his daughter for allowing her maid to leave her alone when she needs care and attention.

" I must check her condition ". The king shook his head once again as he prepared to leave, Irin panicked, she knew that right now the princess and her lover were together in her bedchamber. If the king goes to meet the princess now, he will definitely catch them together and it will be the end for her guard.

" I apologize, your majesty, you shouldn't trouble yourself with this, it is my duty to take care of the princess ". Irin stopped the king from taking a further step, the king scowled, nobody has ever interrupted him when he made a decision.

" I am checking up on my daughter as her father I am allowed to do that and it isn't a trouble for me to do so ". The king thundered down in anger, Irin immediately bowed down, she loved her position and her life more than she cared for Sarocha, she can't leave her lover alone as well so she was in a tight spot.

" Apologies, your majesty ". Irin bent down, she was extremely worried what the king would do next as she angered him. " Forget it ". The king shook his head, he was about to leave the room when he had an unexpected visitor.

" What is wrong ? ". The king questioned, the person was huffing for air as he ran to the throne room, this matter was important. " Arthur, what is the matter ? ". The king asked once again, the army commander took a deep breath and composed himself before speaking.

" This is urgent, I need to discuss something with you, it is very important and must be kept private ". Arthur stated as he registered the fact that they were not alone, the maid was present in this room.

" I shall take my leave then, I will check up on the princess, your majesty ". Irin bowed in front of the king and the commander and immediately left the throne room, the matter appeared to be serious as Arthur seemed to be in trouble, it could be regarding the army.

Irin sighed as she stood in front of the princess's bedchamber door, she knocked on it but didn't hear an answer. She took a deep breath and waited to knock for the second time, still no answer.

Is the princess okay ?

The maid wondered, for a moment she became scared, what if the princess actually needed her help and she wasn't here, she thought that her guard was with her, as they are lovers.