Chapter 54

Eclipse went first, letting Anna watch so she wouldn't be scared. After she was done, she watched Anna for a moment before kissing her forehead.

"I'll be right back princess." She smiled as Anna looked up at her worriedly.

Anna had changed while Eclipse had gotten the tattoo done, choosing to wear a simple white silk tank top and white shorts. It made it more comfortable during the reception. Eclipse slips into the bathroom while nobody was looking, changing into a white V-neck and khaki shorts. The shirt was Anna's idea, and it was only for one day, so she gave in. She stops as she looks in the mirror, her reflection already confirming what she knew. A purple glow ringed her pupils. Anna had the same ring, but it was faded and not as bright as her's. The pull to be with her wife was almost impossible to ignore.

She smiled at the thought. Wife... Anna was her wife now. She could put up with this desire for a while, Anna deserved to have time to celebrate with her friends. She slipped out of the bathroom and into the pale moonlight once more as she rejoined Anna in the tent as the artist was finishing up. He rubbed the salve over her finger and gave her the ok to go.

Eclipse took her uninjured hand and led her back towards the party. The photographer stops them and poses them for several pictures with the mood behind them. Eclipse felt her desire grow the closer they stood. Only a few hours... she could do this, right?

"Please put your hands together and welcome the newlyweds. Introducing for the first time, Mrs. And Mrs. Sterling!" The DJ announces as they walk into the firelight.

Everyone applauds around them as they sit at their table. Happy chatter filled the beach as the food was served. Eclipse felt strangely calm as she spoke with Anna as they ate. She'd been worried about being anxious about eating in front of everyone but that feeling never showed. Fire had done an amazing job with the roasted chicken and broccoli. The cake she made was equally gorgeous. Frosting flowers in pink, orange, and white cascaded down the side.

Anna didn't seem to notice the rings around Eclipse's eyes, which was a bit of relief. She didn't want her new wife to worry about her and have it dampened her enjoyment. However, she couldn't say the same for her father. After the cake was cut, as Anna spoke with Azura, her father gently grabs her arm and pulls her aside.

"Holding up ok kiddo?" He smirks knowingly as she frowns at him. "If you need a way out then we can always come up with something."

Eclipse shakes her head, glancing towards Anna. "I don't want to ruin this for her. Let her enjoy it for a while longer."

Her father chuckles. "Typical Eclipse. No wonder you two are mates... OK but I wouldn't wait too long."

Eclipse nods as he walks away. Anna comes over and takes her hand, leading her to the dance floor for their first dance. She couldn't help the smile that grew as they danced to the gentle music, but their bodies moving against each other was making the pull even stronger. As the music ends, Zala comes over and pulls Anna away while giving Eclipse a knowing grin.

She takes this time to slip away to the bathroom once more and splashes water on her face to try and calm herself down. The next hour is spent talking to people or dancing with Anna for a few minutes before disappearing again to the bathroom. She wasn't sure how much longer she could continue doing this.

As she exits the bathroom, her mother grabs her arm and pulls her away from the activities. She looks confused until she sees Anna being comforted by Zala.

Her heart leaps in her throat as a protective instinct surge through her. Pulling away from her mom she jogs over to Anna. Zala moves away as she gets closer.

"Princess? What's wrong baby?" Eclipse reaches for her as she looks up with tears in her eyes.

"Do... Do you ...do you regret marrying me?" Anna sniffs as she grabs Eclipse's arms.

Eclipse freezes slightly in surprise. "What?! No why would you ever think that?!"

Zala spoke up for her as Anna wasn't able to do anything but cry. "She noticed you disappearing a lot and started thinking you were regretting all of this."

"Oh Hun." Eclipse sighs as she tilts her head up and kisses her gently. "I will never regret marrying you, my love."

"Then why do you keep running off?" Anna sniffs as Eclipse gently wipes away the tears.

Eclipse kneels slightly so Anna's shadow falls over her face, causing Anna to gasp as the purple rings became more prominent in the darkness. "Remember what I told you about Urandians and soulmates?"

"So, we're..." Anna looks at her in disbelief as she stands back up.

"Mmhmm and while you can't feel the full strength of it, I definitely can. I wanted you to be able to enjoy your night without worrying about me but every time we touch... it drives me crazy. I've been disappearing so that I could calm down a bit. I didn't realize that it was hurting you though and I'm so sorry for that princess."

Anna kisses her lips and giggles. "Ok... I can forgive you for this one. But I don't want you suffering either. So how about we take your parents' offer and slip away?"

Eclipse looks at her mom who smiles and nods. "Get out of here you two."

Anna grabs her hand and pulls her away from everyone. They run back to the academy with a laugh but as Anna turns towards the dorms, Eclipse grabs her arm and pulls her towards the garage instead.

"Eclipse the dorms are this way!" Anna laughs.

"I'm very much aware of that princess. My brain still works you know." Eclipse teases her. "I actually have a surprise for you."

She opens her car door and bows, making Anna giggle as she gets in. Eclipse jumps in the Driver's seat and pulls out onto the road. She drives a little farther from town as Anna watches out the window curiously.

"Where are we?" she asks as they pull up to a farmhouse.

"Welcome home babe." Eclipse smiles as Anna looks at her in surprise.

"You mean..."

"Yep. I wanted us to start our marriage off right. What better way to do that than a new home you can call your own?" Eclipse gets out as Anna jumps out of the car and looks around. "The only animals here right now are a couple of horses. Don't touch the grey one." Anna gives her a quizzical look, "it's a long story. But I have some more being delivered at the end of the week."

Anna tackles her, wrapping her arms around her neck as she kisses her deeply. "I love it. Thank you."

Eclipse smiles softly, "You're welcome princess. Ready to go inside?"

Anna jumps off her as she takes the keys from her hands and runs ahead of her. As she watches her wife's retreating figure, Eclipse smiles. She couldn't wait to see what the future held as a Mended Hero.