Chapter 30

The sun rise glints off the windowsill, but Eclipse is already awake. The night before, Anna had cuddled up to her and fallen asleep on her chest with her hand clinging to her shirt. Eclipse had fallen asleep a couple of times, only to wake up from a nightmare each time. She was at least able to keep from screaming and waking up Anna, however after the third time she just gave up. Watching Anna sleep was peaceful though and everything just seemed brighter somehow.

She gently brushes the hair away from Anna's mouth as she starts to stir, nuzzling into her chest.

"Morning precious." Eclipse smiles down at her as she rubs her eye and looks up.

"Morning baby." She smiles back but tilts her head in concern. "Did you not sleep well?"

Her hand brushes against Eclipse's cheek and she kisses her palm. "Just bad dreams. It's ok."

"Oh Hun... how about I go get some warm milk from the cafeteria? That should help a bit."

"It's ok, really." Anna frowns at her as she protests.

"Eclipse, you need to sleep. I'll be right back, I promise." She kisses her forehead and leaves the room before Eclipse can protest any further.

Eclipse sighs and gets up, going to use the bathroom before Anna returned. On her way back though, the world suddenly felt like it was spinning. Her chest tightened up and she felt like she was on high alert. Falling to her knees, she puts her hands behind her head as she tries to calm down. Panick kept building though and her mind flashed back to everything that happened. It was as if she could feel it all again. A whimper slips past her lips as she kept trying to remind herself that it wasn't real anymore and she was safe.

"Eclipse! It's ok. You're safe, remember?! Come on baby." A hand touches her shoulder lightly, causing her to pull out of it as she falls back on her ass.

She looks up at a worried Anna, gulping for air as the pressure on her chest subsides.

"That's it. Easy baby." Anna says softly as she sits beside her, gently rubbing her arm.

Her muscles trembled and she noticed her cheek was wet. She hadn't even realized she'd been crying.

She quickly starts wiping away the tears, "Sorry... I... I didn't mean to scare you... I just..."

Anna takes her hands. "It's ok baby." Her fingers gently wipe away the tears for her as she feels herself relax more.

She shallows hard as she looks away. "I thought I had it under control...."

Gentle fingers turn her head back, "You went through something extremely traumatic. I'm honestly surprised you held it together this long." Anna smiles gently as she kisses her forehead. "It's ok to not be ok after something like that, and it's ok to need help too."

Eclipse sighs, letting her help her up. Anna gently pushes her to the bed and then hands her the glass, watching as she gulps it down.

"Take your shirt off and lay on your stomach baby. I have something that may help." Anna kisses her gently before moving away to let her do as she'd been instructed.

After getting comfortable, she feels the bed dip slightly and then Anna straddles her back. She watches as her girlfriend takes a bottle and puts a cream on her hand and then starts massaging it into her back. The smell of lavender reaches her nose, and her muscles slowly relax under Anna's gentle movements. She can feel herself slowly drifting to sleep as Anna kisses her cheek.

"I'll be right here when you wake up, I promise." Her voice softly whispers in her ear before she let's go, slipping into a dreamless sleep.