Chapter 33

Eclipse groans as she leans back in her chair. 3 days... she'd been back in the office 3 days, and he hadn't shut up about the fair.

"Fine. 2 songs. That's it." She finally gives in with a sigh as he fists pumps the air.

Anna pokes her head through the door, looking between the two of them. "Wore you down huh?"

Eclipse glares playfully at her as she giggles. "You try being asked every second of the day."

Anna laughs. "I was just stopping to let you know I was going to work out and then I'd meet you for dinner."

Eclipse nods as Anna leans down and kisses her before leaving. Warfalcon smirks at her.

"Shut up." Eclipse glares at him.

"Awe but you two are sooo cute together." He chuckles, leaning on the desk as she rolls her eyes at him.

"So tomorrow we'll start everything off in the morning with games and the songs will start at dinner time. I'll keep an eye out for any problems so that everyone can relax." Eclipse swings her feet off her desk as she stands. "And GPS will stay on whenever I leave the grounds just in case."

The GPS was just a precaution after the last incident. If push came to shove, Eclipse could handle most issues on her own, so they set this up in order to give the others a break.

Warfalcon nods his head as she leaves the room to get a shower and change for dinner.

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Eclipse mumbles as she jumps offstage with Warfalcon following behind her.

They had just don't the first song of the night, Other Side from greatest showman.

Warfalcon laughs, "Oh come on, you had fun, and you know it."

She rolls her eyes at him. "Just one more, remember?"

He laughs as he walks away, leaving her backstage. A small weight lands on her back as arms wrap around her neck.

"You guys did amazing!" Anna giggles as she wraps her legs around her waist.

"It wasn't even singing really..." Eclipse blushes at the compliment.

"You don't give yourself enough credit my love." Anna kisses her cheek.

A smile grew on her face, she didn't think she'd ever get used to being called that.

"Yeah... well we'll see. I have my second song a bit later."

"I can't wait to see it." Anna slides to the floor as she starts climbing the stairs. "My turn!"

Eclipse watches her get ready as she slips the mic over her ear. She told Warfalcon she'd only perform two songs; however, this next song needed an echo and he had convinced her to do it from beside the stage.

Taking her place, she looks up and watches as the opening chords to Symphony by Clean Bandits began. Anna seemed to sparkle as she sang, dancing around the stage easily. Eclipse lets the first chorus go by, but she turns the mic on as the second chorus comes up. Her voice mingles with Anna's as she echoes the words. To her credit, Anna didn't skip a beat as she sang. Her face showing surprise for just a second as she looks down at Eclipse. Giving her a small smile, Eclipse times the beat and continues to match her girlfriend's voice. The third time, she staggers the echo, creating a melodic effect that enhances Anna's vocals.

Anna waits for the end before moving towards Eclipse's side of the stage, surprising her as Anna makes a subtle motion for her to come closer. Using the edge of the stage she pulls herself up, Anna bends down to meet her halfway as the final words leave her mouth.

"Will you hold me tight and not let go?" Anna kisses her lightly as the song ends and the crowd cheers.

Eclipse gets back down with a smile as Anna winks and walks offstage. She turns to follow but a flash of green hair catches her eye. She stops and looks around, looking for the familiar green.

"You, ok?" Fire appears beside her out of nowhere.

"Yeah... just thought I saw someone I used to know." Eclipse frowns slightly and walks backstage.

She smiles at the bubbly Anna talking excitedly to her friends. Not wanting to disturb them, she goes to get ready for her song.

Not long later, she takes a deep breath as the lights dim and she walks to her mark. She closes her eyes, using her foot to keep the beat as the beginning chords to Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Bay begins. The lights come back, and she opens her eyes as she begins to sing. The song was perfect for her tone, and she moved to the beat without a problem.

Shadows danced around her as she started the chorus.

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me" She grins as her own shadow pulls up from the ground, making a solid black form next to her that mirrors her movements.

It melts into the floor once more as she finishes the chorus she listens to the beat as the backups sing and then starts the next line. This time when the chorus comes, her shadow slips around behind her as she pretends to be unable to find it. Giggles erupt from the kids in the crowd and the shadow disappears again.

The beat slowest down as she stops back on her mark and slowly sings the last verse. As she hits the chorus, her shadow shows itself dashing around the stage. Kids shouted for her to look at different areas, but it would melt every time she looked. Feigning confusion she shrugged at the kids as the instruments took over. Shadows grew even larger on the stage, giving it a slight sense of doom. As the last riff ends, the shadows fall on her and she disappears.

She had opened the shadow realm beneath her feet and slipped into them for the effect. Stepping out of the shadow realm backstage, she's tackled by Anna.

"That was amazing!" Anna exclaims.

"Thanks babe." Eclipse smiles with a small laugh.