Chapter 45

Eclipse stretches her arms above her head as she walks through the gates of the academy after a long day out, the sun was just now dipping below the horizon. Bright streaks of pink, purple, and orange ran a crossed the sky. Anna was walking crossed the courtyard, her nose in a book as she walked. The sun's last rays created a glow on her skin, causing Eclipse to stop short as she stared at her. She shakes her head, smiling as she slips up behind her.

"Good evening, princess." Anna squeaks in surprise, almost dropping her book but Eclipse catches it.

"You have got to stop doing that!" Anna tries to scold her but can't stop smiling.

Ever since being brought back, Anna had been clinging to her. It had scared her and that was incredibly obvious. Eclipse had a hard time even convincing her to let her go out alone today. Thankfully the promise of cuddles when she returned was enough to persuade her, though she had been planning to do so anyway.

"Sorry princess but you're so cute when you're startled." Eclipse kisses her gently.

"You're so mean." Anna pouts half-heartedly as she leans against her chest.

"I know. Thanks for putting up with me anyway." Eclipse kisses her head as she gently rocks them back and forth.

"Hmmm I guess I'll forgive you. Just this once." Anna sighs contentedly. "Did you have fun?"

"It was... eventful." Eclipse smirks as she dodges the question. "I got done what I needed to."

Anna pulls back a bit to study her face with a pout.

"Now princess, if you keep making that face then it might stick." Eclipse teases as she uses her thumb to play with her bottom lip.

"Just kiss me already." Anna rolls her eyes.

"As you wish princess." Eclipse chuckles as she leans down and kisses her gently.

Anna hums happily as she presses against her, placing a hand lightly on Eclipse's jaw. She finally pulls away and smiles as she looks in her eyes. The moon had risen by now and shone bright in the sky.

"Come on princess. I have something to show you." Eclipse takes her hand and pulls her out the gate.

"Isn't it a little late for a stroll?" Anna giggles.

Eclipse sticks her tongue out teasingly, "when the sky is this clear? No such thing as too late."

Anna laughs, holding onto her arm and resting her cheek on her bicep. Eclipse smiled down at her, content to walk quietly. It took a while but soon they found themselves at the beach. The waves rolled gently against the shore as they walked. Looking up, two torches could be seen shining on the beach with a blanket in between.

Anna looked in awe at the set-up, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries sat on the blanket covered by a small shield to protect them. They were one of their favorite snacks. The shield disappears as they sit down, and Anna takes a bite of one.

"Mmmm these are so good." Anna hums happily.

Eclipse chuckles as she watches her for a moment.

Anna stops, noticing the look. "What?"

"You're just really beautiful in this light. That's all." Eclipse smiles before looking away and staring at the night sky.

Leaning over, Anna lays against her shoulder with a happy smile as Eclipse lays her cheek against the top of her head. A strawberry is pressed against her lips, and she smiles as she takes a bite.

She sighs in content as they sit there silently, enjoying each other's company. After a bit she sits up.

"How about a dip?" She doesn't wait as she straps, revealing a black halter bikini top with orange trim and swim shorts.

"But I don't...." Anna starts to protest as Eclipse snaps her fingers.

Her shirt and pants glow for a moment before disappearing. A blue halter top like Eclipse's but with only one shoulder and high waisted bikini bottoms appeared in their place. Anna yelps in surprise.

"At least give me a warning next time!" She slaps Eclipse's arm as she laughs.

Eclipse takes her hand and pulls her into the water, feeling the gentle waves lap at their feet. She slows down, enjoying the feeling. Water hits her face.

"Hey now!" She turns towards Anna and gets splashed again. "That's it."

She playfully growls as she runs after the young woman. Anna yelps with a laugh as she jumps away and splashes Eclipse again, earning a splash back in return.

Anna runs from the water towards the blanket. Eclipse follows close behind, tackling her onto the blanket as she laughs.

"Gotcha!" She tickles her sides as Anna pleads for mercy.

She slowly lets up, smiling as Anna calms down and looks up to her.

"What are you smiling about now."

"Just thinking about how much I love you." Eclipse answers softly.

Anna brushes a hand over her cheek as she nuzzles her hand.

"Anna..." Eclipse takes a breath as she sits up and helps her do the same, "I mean it. I love you... more than anything. I know you deserve something more. But this is how I am. I wanted this to be our moment. One we can hopefully look on and smile about...." She takes a breath as a box falls into her hands. "Anna... will you please marry me and be with me forever?"

Anna covers her mouth with her hands as tears fill her eyes. Eclipse grows more nervous as she stays quiet.

"Anna... I kind of need an answer."

Anna jumps a bit, "I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

She throws her hands around Eclipse's neck, peppering her lips with kisses. Eclipse smiles widely, kissing her back as she holds her close. She pulls the ring out. It had a silver band that split into 3 strands on the sides, one strand was rose gold, and the others were silver. One of the silver bands had diamonds set inside of it and the strands wrapped around each other. Eclipse slips it on her finger.

"I enchanted it, so it won't interfere with your powers. If you ever lose it, it'll reappear on the bedside table." Eclipse smiles as Anna kisses her again.

"You always think of everything don't you?" Anna giggles.

"I try." Eclipse smiles back.

They cuddle together for another hour before Eclipse notices Anna nodding off.

"Let's go home." She smiles softly as she gets up.

She snaps her fingers, their clothing reappearing on their bodies. Bending down, she helps Anna get on her back.

"Just relax princess."