Chapter 26

Eclipse yawns as they walk down the sidewalk, Gaelic walking behind her. Normally they sent everyone out in teams but not many people were comfortable with her even now. Anna had her own training to do, and Gaelic was the only volunteer who was willing to patrol with her. The young man was a wind user, shy but he was talented.

"Uh, Stronggirl?" She stopped to look at him, "Can I run to the bathroom really quick?"

He gives her an embarrassed smile as she nods. He runs towards a nearby store, his suit disappearing and leaving him in civilian clothes as he disappears inside. Eclipse leans against the wall as she waits.

"Well, well look what we have here boys!" A high-pitched voice causes Eclipse to turn towards a red-haired woman smirking at her.

She frowns as she stands up straight and faces the woman. "Can I help you?"

"Depends on what you mean by that." She chuckles "if you're willing to surrender then that would be a huge help."

Eclipse laughs, "Yeah that's not happening lady."

"Oh, that's too bad." The woman presses a button on her wrist and Eclipse has just enough time to jump out of the way as the trash can beside her explodes.

She feels a small prick on the back of her neck, pain radiating from the area. She reaches up and pulls the Dart from her neck, confusion etched on her face.

"A new concoction of mine. A sleeping potion with a bit of Dry ice mixed in, and of course the needle end is covered with liquid dry ice as well. I've heard you have a nasty little habit of covering your skin with a shield." Eclipse grits her teeth as she looks at the gloating woman, her vision already swimming.

Her biggest weakness was dry ice. Her stone gave her the ability to do a lot however her biological abilities were still dark and water. Light was harder for her to control, not impossible but difficult plus it stung if she wasn't careful. However, the chemical components of dry ice didn't mix well with water, and therefore it caused an allergic like reaction within her body. However, the only people with access to that information were people inside the academy.

Behind the woman she can see Gaelic exit the shop, sending her a cocky grin before turning and walking towards the academy. That traitor. She growls as she slows down her heartbeat and reaches for her watch.

A whip wrapped around her arms, keeping her from reaching the button.

"Let's not bring your friends into this. That would be a pain." The woman starts towards her as Eclipse settles into a fighting stance.

If she was forced to fight, then her heart rate would go up and the potion would spread quickly. She needed to get help and fast. She estimated that it would take 1 minute for the potion to take effect, even less if she fought... which seemed to be the only option she faced if she couldn't send the SOS.

"If you think I'll go down easily then you're sadly mistaken." Eclipse smirks as water swirled around her.

With one hard pull she knocks the whip holders off their feet and the whips fly from their hands. Spinning to dodge the fist thrown at her, she tries to hit the button again, but a hand grips her wrist and sends her to the ground. She tries to get up, but her vision blurs and her muscles give out. Not yet.... she growls at herself as she rolls away from the foot trying to stomp on her back. A wave of her hand and ice formed over the legs of the two nearest attackers. The woman was quicker however as she jumped in the air and slid to a stop a few feet away from Eclipse.

Eclipse stands to her feet, swaying slightly as black edged her vision. The woman smirks, dashing forward and sending a roundhouse towards her temple. Eclipse blocks with one hand as she sends a punch into the woman's abdomen with the other, sending her to the ground.

The woman struggles to get up as Eclipse stands over her, panting as she smirks and raises her hand. The watch on her wrist had a red blinking light.

"I hit the button when I rolled away from your friend over there."

"Too... bad it's... too late." The woman smirks as she kicks Eclipse's leg out from under her.

Her head slammed on the ground, and that combined with the dart from earlier was enough to stun her. The woman grabs and pins her down as she loses control of her muscles and the scenery around her blurs. The men in the woman's party move quickly, making markings on the ground.

"Stronggirl!" A familiar voice cries out and Eclipse sees Anna and Warfalcon running towards her.

Light flashes around them as she loses consciousness, the last thing she sees is a screaming Anna.