Chapter 19

Eclipse walks out of the shadows seconds before the rest arrive, all exhausted from the fire. It had been hard work and the building had come down not long after she got out. The little girl she'd saved was fine, a bit of lung damage from the smoke but otherwise she'd be ok.

"Eclipse wait up!" She stops and turns towards Anna as she ran to her.

After hugging her, Anna had snapped back to reality and moved away in embarrassment. They hadn't really talked to each other since.

"I um..." Anna looks down as her face turns pink. "I wanted to talk with you a bit. Could we meet up at the lake after dinner?"

Anna motions towards the back of the property where they had a small rest area.

"Sure. I had something to talk to you about too." Eclipse smiles before waving goodbye and heading back towards the dorms for a quick shower.

Afterwards, she checks her watch. She could eat after talking to Anna, she preferred to eat alone, and she wanted to tell Warfalcon about the conversation with Gabriel. She walked to the office and opened the door.

"Hey Warfalcon, got a moment to talk?" She smiled as she shut the door behind her.

An hour and a bunch of explaining later, and Eclipse walks back out the door with an exasperated sigh. Warfalcon had jumped at the chance to agree... after asking about a million questions that she had 0 answers for. She shakes her head thinking about how excited he'd been. She figured he'd be on board, Warfalcon may act like he's mature but on the inside, he was a kid at heart.

Now it was time to talk to Anna. She walks down the path towards the lake, seeing the young woman sat on a blanket. A groan rises in her throat as she sees Gabriel beside her, what was he doing here?

"There she is!" Gabriel smiles brightly as he looks at her.

Eclipse narrowed her eyes at him, but if he noticed then he didn't react.

"Gabriel... I'm surprised to see you here."

Anna looked from one to the other, "he said he was a friend of yours."

"Friend would be a stretch." Eclipse grunts as she sits down on the blanket beside Anna, one leg propping up her arm and the other bent underneath.

"Words hurt you know!" Gabriel feigns hurt but the grin on his face gives him away.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Eclipse raises and eyebrow, ignoring his antics.

"I figured you would want some help with this little talk. You are planning on telling her, aren't you?"

Eclipse shoots him a glare as Anna looks confused. "Tell me what?"

Eclipse groans as she runs a hand through her hair. "I was trying to find a way to bring it up, but I guess now is as good a time as any."

She explains who Gabriel is, and he even showed his 3 sets of wings to prove it which fascinated Anna. Then she explains what Gabriel had told her. Starting with who her brother was, what the stones are, and what had happened 3 years ago. She refrained from talking about her fiancé just yet.

Anna stays quiet, listening to her explanation patiently before speaking. "What does this have to do with me?"

Eclipse turns red as she realized she hadn't prepared for this part. "I well... I wanted to know...."

Anna's eyes brightened suddenly, and she giggled, "You were going to ask me out weren't you?"

Eclipse turns even redder as she nods.

"Funny... I was going to do the same thing when we talked." Eclipse breathes a sigh of relief as Anna turns to Gabriel. "Is there a time limit?"

"No dear. You can choose whenever you wish so take your time. Once you know your answer then just say my name!"

"OK then." She looks back at Eclipse, "I would love to go out with you, if you agree to be my girlfriend that is." She smiles wide as Eclipse smiles back.

"Whatever you wish princess" She chuckles but freezes as Anna places a small peck on her lips and stands up.

"See you later?" She waves goodbye to Gabriel and walks away, leaving a stunned Eclipse.

Gabriel laughs at the hero before poofing away, leaving her alone as the sun starts to set.