Chapter 25

Eclipse throws the small stack of papers on Warfalcon's desk in front of him.

"There, a list of all the artists who agreed and what price was agreed upon." She puts her hands on her hips.

"Awesome!" His eyes sparkled as he reads over it, "You even got a couple of kids songs and a couple of the popular having songs."

Eclipse rolls her eyes. "Duh. Popular songs will bring in more people and there's bound to be some kids there."

He nods in agreement. "True. So which ones are you singing?"

"None." She narrows her eyes at him as he grins.

"Fine I'll just decide for you then." He laughs as she groans, but the alarm on his computer going off prevents her from arguing.

"Looks like the last recon unit is under attack." He grumbles and Eclipse freezes.

Anna was on that unit. She turns and dashes out the door with Warfalcon calling after her. Shadows engulf her as she jumps into the shadow realm, checking her watch for the location of the SOS. Her boots kick up the smoke as she slides to change direction, turning to her right.

Jumping through the shadows, she asses the scene in front of her. A snarl escapes her throat. The unit was made of 4 heroes. 3 of them were being held back by a couple familiar faces and Anna was pinned against the wall, with Lindsey's hand around her throat. Eclipse had heard she'd made bail, but she didn't expect her to go after Anna.

"Stronggirl! That was quick. Looks like my friends were right." Lindsey smirks at her as Eclipse slides to a stop and glares back, her mind already racing to find solutions.

"So, you really think you can replace me with this shrimp?" Lindsey looks at the struggling Anna with a grin, "pathetic really."

Anna cries out in pain and webs of purple spread from Lindsey's fingers, snapping Eclipse into action. Before anyone can even blink, Eclipse has her hand around Lindsey's throat and slams her to the ground. Anna drops to her feet, stumbling back as she and everyone else stares at Eclipse in surprise. Black wisps floated around her, and she could feel herself lose control, but she honestly could care less. The thought of someone hurting Anna was unforgivable.

Lindsey's eyes had been wide with fear but then she smirks, "now Eclipse, we both know how this goes. Let me go and I'll..."

"Shut up." Eclipse snarls, her voice starting to take on a demonic tint to it. "I don't care what you do to me, but I draw the line with her. Don't you ever fucking touch her again."

She tightens her hand for a second and then throws Lindsey away from her. Standing straight and closing her eyes, she slowly regains control before looking at Lindsey. Her goons were helping her up as she coughed and rubbed her throat.

"You little bitch. I'm going to enjoy beating that little bitch..." she's cut off as a scream rip through her throat and she falls to the ground, covering her face with her hands. "What the hell did you do too me!"

A small black moon glowed on her neck for a second before disappearing.

Eclipse smirks, "I warned you."

She slowly walks towards the trembling woman, the police sirens getting louder as police pull up around the corner.

She leans down to whisper in her ear, "any time you even think of hurting her, you'll be forced to see something you fear. You pushed too far Linds, and now you'll find out why I'm feared by others."

She stands and turns away as the police grab Lindsey and puts her in cuffs, screaming insults as they drag her to the van where her friends were already waiting. She kneels by Anna and gently looks over her neck, healing the bruising.

"What happened? Your eyes..." Anna looked at her stunned as Eclipse visibly winces.

"Warfalcon calls it berserker mode. When I get angry enough, I can lose control and the whites of my eyes turn black." Eclipse explains quickly without looking at her face.

A hand gently turns her to look at her girlfriend, "so you care enough to get angry in my defense is what I hear." She smiles softly, surprising Eclipse.

"I mean... you are my girlfriend."

Anna smiled wider, "true. Just promise me one thing."

"Anything you want princess."

"Please don't use your powers against me." She laughs nervously.

Eclipse chuckles, pressing her forehead against her's, "of course princess. I promise, I'll never harm you."