Chapter 28

Eclipse slowly opens her eyes, looking up at the smiling red head in front of her.

"Good morning sleeping beauty!" The woman's smile widens.

Eclipse narrows her eyes at her.

"Awe not happy to see me? You were probably hoping to see that pretty brunette."

The chains around her wrists stop her as she lunges at the woman with a growl.

"Ooh touched a nerve?" The woman laughs. "Your powers won't be very effective for a while. A combination of Dry ice and those power suppressors will make sure of that."

She gets within whispering distance. "Rumor has it that you can't die."

Eclipse's blood runs cold, but she doesn't let it show as she glares at her. The woman watches her for a minute before standing up.

"Fine don't answer. I'll find out for myself."

The chains suddenly start to contract, pulling her down to her knees and trapping her arms down as the woman grabs a knife.

"I wouldn't..." Eclipse tries to bluff but the woman moves quickly and the next thing she knew, the knife was sticking out of her chest.

Blood poured from her mouth as her body trembled. Pain radiated over her as her body turned burning hot, and then freezing cold.

"Interesting..." the woman's smiling face is the last thing she sees.

Eclipse cries out as her head slams the wall. That day had been 6 months ago. She had woken up a couple hours later, without even a scratch on her. Life since then had been hell though. They had used all methods to kill her, except for poison, only for her body to regenerate. The method and how much damage her body took determined the length of time for it to regenerate.

However, after a month, they changed it all up. Now they took payment from people to take turns killing her however they wanted. The huge man with a beer belly choking her seemed to have some issues with his marriage she'd guess, that or he was just a massive misogynist.

In these situations, she was allowed to fight back instead of being chained up, but without her powers and the dry ice weakening her, it was like an ant fighting an elephant. A crunch filled her ears as her neck snaps and her vision went dark.

A groan slips from her lips as she wakes up, rubbing her neck. Pain radiated from her swollen left eye. That was the other problem, if something was left inside the wound then it wouldn't regenerate. Her left eye for instance, a couple days ago they had stabbed her through it and the knife had left slivers of metal behind. Now she couldn't use it at all. She sighs as she hears footsteps. Anna's face filled her thoughts as she gritted her teeth. She couldn't give up yet.

"That's the spirit." The soft voice makes her jump as she looks around. "You can't see me silly. Sorry it took so long but I don't have time to explain. Just relax and let me take over."

"And you are?" Eclipse frowns suspiciously.

"A friend I promise."

Before she can ask more, her skin glows white and water swirls up her body. The pain in her eye suddenly subsides and her vision returns. As the water drops from her body, she catches a glimpse of her reflection. Her right eye was its normal black but her left eye had turned a brilliant Sapphire blue.

"Let me take over and relax. I'll get you out of here." The voice chimes in once more as the door rattles.

Eclipse frowns but obliges, relaxing her mind as she closes her eyes. She suddenly feels light, as if floating. Her body seems nonexistent as she loses all sensation. Kinda like being thrown into a void. It was oddly peaceful for a moment.

Dark light suddenly comes back as her senses returned, opening her eyes she finds herself in the shadow realm. A short woman in a white suit stands in front of her, their purple hair flowing down her back.

"An archangel." Eclipse sighs with relief.

"That's me! I'm Tilly." The woman smiles for a second before looking serious. "I'm sorry it took so long."

Eclipse sits on the ground as she listens to her explanation.

"Every time you die, your soul goes into limbo until your body regenerates. We locate you guys based on your soul's location, but because you were killed so frequently..."

"That became possible because limbo doesn't have a space in the mortal plane." Eclipse finishes for her, beginning to understand.

"Exactly. However, since you continued fighting, it lengthened some of the times between deaths and we were able to use that time to narrow it down." She smiles.

"And my eye?"

"A side effect of my angelic powers that had strengthened your abilities. You can still change the vibrancy, but it seems you're stuck with shades of blue. Sorry about that." The angel laughs nervously.

"It's fine..." Eclipse looks at the ground as she sighs.

The angel smiles at her softly. "Your powers should be back in full in a couple days. The darkness here will help you recover quickly, and my presence will prevent any... nasty effects." She sits beside her. "Take some time to mentally recover too. You took a lot in only a few months. I let your friends know you're ok so it's fine to focus om yourself for now."

Eclipse frowns, remembering the last time she saw Anna. The angel was right though. If she wanted to go home then she had to recover, otherwise she could become a danger to the ones she cared about. Hair fell in her eyes, causing her to growl in annoyance.

"Can you at least cut this?" She motions to the hair that had grown way too long for her liking.

"Absolutely!" The angel grins as she moves behind her and summons a pair of scissors, getting to work.

A few days later, Eclipse stretches her muscles as she tests her powers. A smirk grows on her face. The nightmares were still a constant, but at least she was no longer having illusions of being back in that hell.

"Looks like you're good to go!" Tilly smiles at her.

Eclipse smiles back, "thanks for your help, Tilly."

"Power up." She growls, shadows forming around her body before disappearing and leaving her in her Hero suit.

The suits were programmed to appear and disappear whenever given the command. Eclipse rarely used it, but it was useful when she needed to change quickly. She changed the blue eye to grey and used the usual bright pink for her other eye.

"Your friends are having some trouble with an organization by the name of Midnight Court." Tilly warns as Eclipse opens the portal.

Eclipses eyes narrow as she watches Anna fall and hit her head, the burly man standing over her was poised to strike. Leaping through the portal, Eclipse catches the man off guard. Her fist connected with his jaw, sending him to the ground as she stood protectively over Anna.

"Stay down princess." Eclipse smirks at her over her shoulder as she uses water to heal the head wound. "I got this."