Chapter 29

"Eclipse...." Anna looks at her in surprise.

She smiles back, "Sorry I'm late."

She bends to the left as a ball of fire blows past, her face settling to stone, "Talking's going to have to wait though."

She looked towards the flame thrower and waved a hand; a stream of water sent the kid flying back. Her eyes flicked to the left and she grabbed a dagger from her belt, sending it flying right into the shoulder of Gaelic's suit and pinning him to the wall. Did he really think she wouldn't notice him trying to sneak away?

She turned her attention back to the battlefield as she hears Anna start to stand behind her.

"Alright I think I've had enough." She smirks as shadows gather in her hand.

Slamming them into the ground, she sends tendrils through the battlefield, grabbing the opponents and sucking them to the ground. Only ones who could resist were the light bearers and they were distracted enough for the heroes to grab them. Arms wrapped around her from behind, making her jump at first before realizing it was Anna. Her muscles instantly relaxed as she smiled.

"Hey princess." She thinks about what to say but Gaelic's indignant yelling interrupts her.

Anna's grip loosened as she looked towards the ruckus, giving Eclipse the ability to move towards the traitor.

"What the hell, Gaelic!?" Warfalcon laughs as he comes to stand in front of him, reaching for the dagger.

He pauses, probably recognizing the design on the hilt. "Wait... this is."

Gaelic face grows deathly pale as Eclipse speaks up. "Mine."

Warfalcon spins around, "Stronggirl! I should have known that last attack was yours." He looked like he wanted to cry but was able to prevent that, for now at least.

She already knew she was in for a crying fit once they were in private though.

"Who else would it be?" She smirks at him as she passes him and grabs the hilt of her dagger in one hand, Gaelic's shirt in the other as she pulls it free and sheaths it. "Got something you want to share with the rest?" She growls, surprising those around them as Gaelic starts to stammer.

"Stronggirl?" Warfalcon looks between them. "He didn't do anything, remember? You sent him back."

"Is that the story he gave? I never told him to go back." She looks at Warfalcon who looks confused.

"But we watched camera footage from an ATM, you..."

"Told him he could go to the bathroom in the store. I was waiting for him to come back when I was attacked. The little twerp set me up."

Warfalcon's expression grows cold, and Eclipse could feel electricity crackling from the Anna.

Gaelic falls quiet, refusing to speak as Warfalcon motions for some cops to take him away. Eclipse watches for a moment but her attention is redirected as a pair of arms wraps around her neck and soft lips press against hers. She wraps her arms around Anna's waist as she kisses her back and then smiles down at her. Anna's eyes switch between her own, her face showing her confusion.

"I'll explain back home." Eclipse smiles wryly.

"As long as you're back." Anna hugs her tightly, pressing her cheek against her chest.

"Yeah... I'm back princess." Eclipse picks her up, letting her stay close as she heads back to the academy.

Once she enters the gate, Warfalcon motions towards his office. Eclipse gulps, earning a concerned look from Anna. She ignores it, not sure what to say as she makes her way upstairs. Anna plays with the back of her hair as she watches her face. Eclipse sets her down on the couch once they enter the room and sits beside her.

"So... what's with the heterochromia?" Warfalcon sits on the edge of his desk.

"Really? That's the first thing you ask?" Eclipse laughs causing the other two to join in.

As she catches her breath, her face slowly falls.

"Eclipse?' Anna takes her hand and looks at her worried lying. "What's wrong?"

She shakes her head, "nothing now... just not sure how to explain the last few months... at least not in a way that won't worry you..."

Anna and Warfalcon look at each other before looking back at her, waiting for her to continue. She takes a deep breath before beginning, telling them as much as she can without giving any gruesome details. Anna's face turns from worried to horrified as she spoke, her hand covering her mouth. Warfalcon just listened quietly, his muscles twitching was the only sign he heard what she said.

By the time she'd finished, Anna had tears in her eyes and Warfalcon gave off a murderous aura. They all stayed quiet for a bit before he sighed.

"I'm guessing Gaelic was the one preventing us from finding you. I'll see what I can find and have the police handle him. You and Anna take a few days. You need some time to readjust, and you both could use each other's company." He waves them away, not letting her protest.

When they get to their room Anna sits on the bed and waits for Eclipse to sit beside her before hugging her tightly. Tears streamed down her face.

"I'm so sorry. If only we'd been a little faster..." she hiccups as Eclipse tilts her head up and kisses her lightly.

"That wasn't your fault. Things happen and sometimes they're out of your control. All that matters to me right now is that I'm here with you." She presses their foreheads together.