Chapter 24

A groan escapes her lips as the alarm goes off the next morning. Reaching up she hits the button on the wall to turn it off, contemplating whether to get up as she buries her face in the pillow. The bed shifts slightly and soft skin presses against her back as a pair of lips kisses at her neck.

"Come on sleepy head. Time to get up." Anna's laugh fills her ear like a sweet melody.

"Don't wanna." Eclipse moans back, glancing at her girlfriend out of the corner of her eye.

Anna looks down at her in amusement, "I thought you were an early riser..."

Eclipse turns over, "Yeah, normally am I but why get out of bed when I have a cutie like you with me?"

She smirks as Anna's face turns beet red, her hand slapping her chest playfully. Eclipse catches her wrist and pulls her down, pressing their lips together as her other hand rests on her cheek. Anna hums before pulling away.

"You still have to get up." She laughs, getting up as Eclipse groans.

"Fine but you owe me." Eclipse grumbles as she gets up.

"It's not like you're in charge around here or anything." Anna gives her a pointed look as she grabs her overnight bag and starts pulling clothes out of it.

"Eh Warfalcon can live without me for a while if he needed too." Eclipse sticks her tongue out at her, making Anna giggle at her childish antics.

"I swear you two are way too similar."

"We are not!" Eclipse gasps, feigning indignation. "How could you compare the two of us?"

Anna rolls her eyes at her, not even giving her a response. Eclipse steps out of the closet, using her hand to style her hair as normal. She smiles as she watches Anna put her hair up in a tight ponytail, her purple suit showing off her ass.

She watches as Anna takes a few steps, noticing the slight limp.

"Problem?" She smirked as Anna glares at her.

"Oh, shut up." Anna grumbles at her as she opens the door.

Eclipse chuckles as she follows her out the door. She jogs a bit to catch up, grabbing her wrist and turning her around.

"No kiss goodbye?" She pouts.

Anna tries to look angry but ends up breaking into a smile. "Fine I guess it's not your fault."

She wraps her arms around her neck and pulls herself up to kiss her on the lips.

"Much better." Eclipse grins and kisses her forehead. "I'll see you later princess."

Anna hums happily before turning and walking away. Eclipse watches her for a moment before turning in the opposite direction and heading towards the office. She'll do her work out later.

"You can't be serious..." Eclipse grumbles as she follows Warfalcon towards the back of the academy.

"Why not?! It's a good way to bond with the civilians and gives the students a way to blow off steam." Warfalcon smiles at her over his shoulder, ignoring the glare she sends him.

"For one I really don't like being in the spotlight..." Eclipse grumbles but if he heard her then he didn't acknowledge it.

"We can use this area to set up stalls with food and games." Warfalcon continues as he moves around the clearing. "And we can set up a stage here to perform songs!"

"And how do you suggest we get the rights to those songs?" She points out the obvious but he only grins at her. "OH, hell no! I'm not bribing artists to let us use their songs."

He pouts at her, "please?"

"You're not giving up on this are you?" She sighs as he smiles widely. "Fine... I'll see what I can do..." she turns and walks away.

"You're the best!" He yells after her.

"Yeah, yeah..." she grumbles as she walks, calling him names under her breath as she flips through her contacts.

"That's a pretty sour face." A giggle brings her out of her pouting as she looks up at her girlfriend.

"Warfalcon being himself again. That's all." She gives her a wry smile. "He wants to start having a fair weekend ever month in order to promote relations with the town."

"Hm... it sounds fun and might be a good way to fund the academy. I can't imagine the government funds go far considering how many heroes come and go from here." Anna says thoughtfully.

Eclipse looks at her confused, "We don't get government funding."

"But... how do you guys run this place then? You even pay us!" Anna looks at her in surprise.

"We have a supporter who provides the funds. The fair would be free to everyone, were not even charging for food. But he's left me in charge of finding artists who are willing to give us the right to perform their songs... for a price of course." She sighs as she looks back down at her phone and starts typing up an email.

She sudden finds herself on the ground with Anna sitting on her chest, her eyes wide as she looks down at her.

"Who?" Worry tints her voice.

Eclipse looks at her in confusion before slowly understanding the issue. Anna was worried that it was someone connected to her family.

"Nobody that is a danger to you princess. I promise." She smiles softly and puts a hand on her cheek.

Anna frowns a bit but leans against the palm of her hand. "Fine I'll drop it for now. But I'll find out sooner or later." She leans down and kisses her cheek before getting up and jogging away.

"That girl will be the death of me." Eclipse groans to herself as she collapses back on the grass and finishes the email.