Chapter 34

Eclipse stares out the window as she absent mindedly twirls the pen between her fingers. The image of the green hair at the fair and the face attached to it flashing through her head. She had to be mistaken, there's no way it was her. She frowns as the pen stills.

"ECLIPSE!" Anna yells near her ear, almost making her fall out of the chair.

"Damnit Anna. You don't have to yell in my ear." She rubs her ear as she looks at her with a frown.

"You weren't responding to anything else I said... I even offered to flash you." Anna pouts as she crosses her arms. "What has you so distracted?"

"Sorry babe... I was just thinking. I thought I saw someone I used to know at the fair, but they disappeared in the crowd." Eclipse stands up and wraps her arms around her girl.

"Well ok... are you ready to go?" Anna gives her a peck on the lips as she nods.

"Have fun om your date you two!" Warfalcon calls out with a grin as Eclipse groans.

"Ignore him." Anna laughs as she gently tugs on her arm.

Eclipse grumbles as she follows her, heading towards town. The birds chirping brightens her mood as they walk, with Anna talking cheerfully beside her. She starts telling Eclipse about an old friend who had farm animals. The way she is gushing about the rabbits and goats was adorable. Eclipse took a mental note as Anna shows her videos from TikTok of different farm animals.

Her eyes flick to their right at a sudden movement. She grabs Anna's arm and pulls her back as a gust of wind cuts the air in front of them, slamming into the wall beside them. They become aware of yelling as they turned to where the attack came from. Eclipse's eyes widen at the sight. A small group of people were arguing with a man and woman who was smirking back. One of the people in the group was a woman who was just barely older than Eclipse, her hair a light green color. She shakes her head at Anna who had started to activate her suit, earning a curious look from her.

The area was already void of civilians as most had run for cover. Eclipse knew the academy had already been alerted.

"Anna. Tell Warfalcon that we have this under control. I can't explain this right now, but I want to see what happens first." Eclipse walks closer while Anna does as she asks.

"Give it a rest already. She's dead." The woman opposite of the group yawns, her black hair was a stark contrast against the silver dress.

"We have reports of her being seen around here!" The woman with green hair snarls back.

The woman wore a pale pink loose tank and skinny jeans, dark green eyes sparkled in the light. Behind her stood 2 other girls, and an older woman who was leaning against an older man for support. One of the girls looked about the same age as the girl with green hair, she had light blue hair and pale purple eyes. A white t-shirt and blue jeans fit against her body. The other girl had black/blue hair and brown eyes, she wore a blue shirt and black leggings. The older woman had silver hair with touches of green, blue, and purple throughout it and pearlescent like eyes, she wore a light green sundress. The man had salt and pepper hair with a hint of orange and bright brownish orange eye, he wore a dress shirt and black dress pants.

The man behind the woman in the dress rolls his grey eyes. He was wearing a grey t-shirt that was tucked into black pants and his grey hair was slicked back.

Anna slipped up beside Eclipse as she listens. "What do we do now?"

"Nothing yet." Eclipse doesn't look away from the scene as she crosses her arms.

"You're as foolish as ever. I feel sorry for you honestly." The woman chuckles as shadows behind her shift and form into small black demons. "Honestly I was going to wait but I guess now is as good as ever."