Chapter 32

Eclipse chuckles as Anna drags her outside. Anna's smile was contagious as she pulls Eclipse along with both hands, leading her out the gate before slowing down beside her. She wraps her arms around her bicep as she walks, getting as close as she can without hindering the tall woman.

Eclipse smiles down at her. When Vinyl would try this, it used to piss her off, but with Anna it was different. With Vinyl it felt suffocating, like the other woman only cared about her body. With Anna it was sincere, like all she wanted was to be closer to her without any expectations.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Anna's green eyes sparkled as she looked up at her.

She couldn't help but smile back, "Just thinking about us... and that I'm falling in love with you."

Anna stops and Eclipse starts to wonder if she had been too quick as the other woman looks at the ground.

"Do...do you mean that?" Anna asks softly as she looks up with tears in her eyes.

"I don't say anything I don't mean princess... but it's ok if..." she's interrupted as Anna jumps on her, kissing her hard.

Eclipse wraps her arms around her, holding her up as they kiss. By the time Anna had pulled away, they were both short of breath. A smile grows on Anna's lips as she places her forehead on Eclipse's.

"I love you too... I have for a while now." She admits as she wipes her eyes. "I'm just really happy."

"Then I'm sorry it took me so long to say it." Eclipse kisses away the tears om her cheek.

Anna lays her head on her shoulder as they walked a little further before she climbed off and walked by her side again. They walked to the lake, laying down by its bank as they relaxed in the sun.

"You know, the fair is coming up next week." Eclipse groans as Anna reminds her, making the girl giggle. "It's not that bad. It's kind of fun to dance and sing on stage. Plus, the food is really good and everyone loves to mingle with the students."

"Can't wait to watch you then." Eclipse smirks as Anna throws some grass at her.

"You could join in, you know."

"Yeah, but that's not really my style... " Eclipse mumbles as she looks at the sky.

"You never know unless you try." Anna sits up.

"Did Warfalcon send you to talk to me about it?" Eclipse chuckles.

"No but he did mention that he's going to make you get on stage sooner or later." She giggles.

"Hmph... I'll think about it." Eclipse frowns a bit and sits up. "Let's go to town."

"I don't really have..."

"Don't worry about it. This is my treat." Eclipse smiles as she pulls her to her feet. "Might as well spoil my girl."

Anna blushes as she follows the tall woman into town. They grab a drink from a nearby shop before walking down the street. Eclipse listened as Anna talked about anything and everything she could think of. What she had been reading lately, what shows had become popular, and her favorite songs to sing. Eclipse took it all in.

Anna suddenly goes quiet, and Eclipse turns to see her looking in a build a bear window. She smiles softly as she takes her hand and goes inside.

"Eclipse, I don't...." Anna quietly protests.

"I told you that this was my treat, so if you want something then just tell me." Eclipse smiles at her and she smiles back.

Eclipse watches as she looks around, seeming hesitant to pick something out.

"Stop looking at the price tags." She whispers in the woman's ear as she picks up the millionth bear and looks at the tag.

"I just don't want you spending everything on me." Anna blushes.

"Don't worry about that princess. It's not like I have anyone else to spend it on." Eclipse smiles softly as Anna hugs the empty shell to her chest. "Besides, I'm pretty sure you couldn't spend it all even if you tried."

She pushes her towards the employee before she can ask any more questions. Before long she had her bear boxed up, holding it to her chest as they walk out.

"Anywhere else?" Eclipse looks back as Anna shakes her head. "OK well I have one more place for us to stop at and then we can head back."

Eclipse takes her hand and leads her to a crepe shop not far away, ordering a couple of crepes to go and paying for them quickly. Anna looks curiously at her as she takes the bag with the to go boxes. She gently places a hand on her back, leading her back to the academy as Anna leans her head against her chest.

They head to the academy's lake, sitting at a picnic table. Eclipse puts a box in front of her and hands her a fork.

"When I am in the mood for something sweet, this is one of my favorites." She smiles at her as Anna looks at it curiously.

Anna takes a bite of the crepe and hums as her eyes light up. "This is really good!"

Eclipse chuckles, using her thumb to wipe away the chocolate on her cheek. She licks it off her finger, making Anna blush bright red. She chuckles as she takes a bite herself. The fluffy crepe wrapped around a banana and chocolate drizzled over the top. It was just sweet enough without overpowering the taste buds.

Anna smiles at her as Eclipse raises an eyebrow.

"Just thinking about how far we've come. Last year you were undercover, and I was starting here." Anna looks out over the water.

Eclipse smiles as she looks at the woman beside her. The setting sun shone off her hair, giving her skin a glow.

She leans in and kisses her cheek. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."