Chapter 6

The day before at the syndicate meeting. Blackout yawns as she puts her feet up on the table, listening to the man drown on. Piercer's voice was almost as nauseating as his presence. The man could drone on forever if he was allowed. Unfortunately, he was also the leader of the syndicate so for now she'd put up with him. To her right, Vinyl kept sending her flirtatious looks while the young man across the table glared at Blackout.

She cracks an eye open to look at the purple haired man. Dart was her biggest concern here in the syndicate, his cunning mind had him suspicious of her from the start. However, none of his suspicions were ever proved so all he could do was glare disapprovingly at her.

"So that concludes the information we've gathered on future sales and the weapons market so far. Is there any more business to discuss?" Piercer's droning finally comes to an end.

Blackout goes to get up, the meetings always ended this way. Piercer may be annoying but his info gathering was spot on.

"Actually, I have something." Dart speaks up, eliciting a groan from Blackout as he waves over a henchman. "What's wrong? Can't go fuck your whore as soon as you wanted?"

He smirks as Blackout rolls her eyes and sits back, choosing not to engage.

"As I was saying. My men have been working on a special weapon, one that can bring the heroes to their knees." He takes the case from the man behind him and opens it up to reveal a handgun.

"Haven't we determined that normal guns won't work on most heroes?" Blackout groans in annoyance.

"Who said its normal?" Dart chuckles as he pulls out a single bullet and shows it to everyone. "We found a way to synthesize and create a bullet out of hero's bane."

Blackout perks up a bit at this. Hero's bane was created by using specific rocks from a world that had once been home to demonic beings. Their aura had tainted the rocks, making them poisonous to anyone who was even slightly pure. Any pare that breaks the skin will cause immense pain. The purity of a person determines the pain level, and the poison discolors the veins depending on the person's purity. Silver was the purist anyone's ever seen. However, it was hard to get ahold of these rocks as the galactic council forbid anyone from going there and protected it religiously.

"Unfortunately, we only had enough to make one bullet, but if we can find a supplier with enough pull to get more..." he cuts it off with a laugh as he loads the bullet into the chamber, showing that it fit.

"That's great and all but do we even know if it fires, or if there's enough in there to even take down a hero?" Sylvana asks, her tone taking on its usual bored sound as she yawns. A small gust of wind ruffles the papers as she exhales.

Dart's smirk widens, "let's find out, shall we?"

Too late, Blackout realizes the gun is pointed at her and pushes off the table to try and doge as it fires. Pain flares from her neck, causing her to scream as she hits the floor and puts a hand over the burning area. Her body refuses to move and her vision blurs as Darts black boots come into her field of vision.

"That's what I thought. So how pure are you really?" His chuckle rings in her already ringing ears as she is pulled off the floor and her neck is exposed to the rest.

Gasps echo through the chamber and she can hear Vinyl's rage filled scream.

"Gold... wasn't expecting that. Which means..." Her chin is grabbed roughly by Dart as he forces her to look at him. "Who are you really?"

Blackout smirks as she spits in his face. "Like I would ever tell you."

Dart growls in anger as he slaps her, "get her out of here. We'll see how long it takes for her to be ready to talk."

The last thing she sees is a smirking Dart as she's pulled out of the hall. Her escorts take her down several flights of stairs before throwing her into a dungeon. Her vision is enveloped with darkness as she loses the fight to stay conscious.