Chapter 11

Eclipses groans as she slowly blinks her eyes open, surprised to see the dark ceiling of her dorm room instead of the bright white walls of the hospital. Sitting up slowly, her body protests the movement but doesn't hurt as badly as she expected. Most likely a combination of her speed healing kicking in as well as whatever Doc did to help. She winces at the thought, no hiding it now. Warfalcon knows at least part of what happened by now and Doc would have been able to confirm more with his tests. She was not looking forward to this talk even more now.

Looking around the dark room, she notices a note on the bedside table.

'Doc figured you'd be more comfortable waking up in your own room instead of a hospital bed. He said you should be ok to move around once you're awake so once you're up, come to my office. I think it's time to have that other talk you owe me. P.S. your suit is in the closet. I figured you'd prefer to change.'

Eclipse sighs as she drops the paper on the table and slowly stands up. The dress shirt and pants she used during her time in the Villain's district now felt uncomfortable against her skin. Walking to the closet she presses the button and a door pop open, a smile forming on her lips as she picks up the suit. Minutes later she stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the watch on her wrist. The top of the suit was a sleeveless one-piece, black silk pants covered her legs and gave her room to move, a half skirt covered the back of her bottomed half and split in the front, fingerless gloves covered her hands and straps climbed up her arms in a crisscross fashion. The suit was completely black and complimented her body shape.

The Watch on her wrist was special. It connected to the academy's system, one button sent an SOS to the central computer, the other connected to a set of coms. It tracked your location in case of an emergency and could be voice controlled when needed. She smiled as she looked at the black tech, one of her many designs in this place.

She looked up from the suit to look at her facial features. Power flowed through her as she focused on each feared she wanted to change; her black hair was now tipped in hot pink. Her natural black eyes with yellow encircling the pupil slowly brightened and changed to a hot pink as well. Her original piercings shifted so she now had two studs over her left eye, a crystal gemstone stud pierced the right side of her nose, angel bites stuck down from her top lip and snake bites poked out from below her bottom, lastly a bar with a plain metal ball stuck through her tongue. Her ears were also pierced with a couple studs and a hoop in her left and a bar a crossed the top of her right.

She grabs her hair gel from a drawer and slicks her hair forward and then the front portion is slicked up. She takes a deep breath as she walks towards the door, time to get this over with. Slipping out the door she gives her eyes a chance to adjust before walking down the corridor. Heroes seemed to move out of her way, not uncommon given her usual stony demeanor. Most people wanted nothing to do with her.

Someone bumps into her shoulder, and she turns just in time to catch the person before they hit the ground, her arm wrapped around their waist. A smirk plays on her lips as she recognizes the young woman in purple.

"I'm so sorry I didn't see you there!" Fiesta stumbles back to her feet as she apologizes.

"Don't worry about it princess." Eclipse grins as she puts a hand on her hip.

Fiesta looks at her confused before recognition lights up her eyes, "Blackout?! What are you doing here?"

"We'll that's not the name I go by anymore, but I was heading towards Warfalcon's office." Eclipse chuckles, ignoring the sudden turning of heads and continues walking.

The young hero quickly follows, after giving a swift goodbye to her friends.

"Sorry, guess I don't know what to call you now." Fiesta giggles nervously, "I didn't see you at the fight, but I heard you got hurt pretty badly. How are you doing now?"

"I'm alright. Just a little poisoning." Eclipse shrugs like it wasn't a big deal though she can see the woman's eyes widening out of surprise. "I thought I told you my name though. It's Eclipse, remember?"

Fiesta stops in surprise as Eclipse turns towards her with a questioning look.

"Eclipse... as in Eclipse Sterling? The one who went missing a couple years ago?" She squeaks in surprise.

"Ah so you actually looked into it? Was honestly expecting you to ignore what I said. Though I also thought you'd connect the dots between me and the name." Eclipse smiles teasingly at the woman.

Fiesta laughs in embarrassment, "Yeah I guess I should have. So, you're going to talk to Warfalcon before going to meet Lindsey huh? I heard she was coming back today."

Eclipse winces at the name, earning a curious look from Fiesta, "Let's just say Lindsey and I aren't together anymore. She probably won't be coming back either." Eclipse mumbles out the explanation as she turns to walk again.

Sensing her hesitation, Fiesta follows quietly and doesn't press the issue. Before long they've reached Warfalcon's door and Fiesta turns to leave, stopping short.

"Ya know... I'd like to get to know more about you sometime if you'd be willing to... I don't know... sit and talk?" She whispers, playing with her fingers.

Eclipse looks surprised for a half second before smiling, "Yeah I think I'd like that."