2.

Lando took a step back immediately after I told him to stay away from me.

He listened, for once.

And you might think that he was my ex - but that was definitely not the case.

He briefly dated one of my friends, she wasn't my friend anymore, but that didn't matter.

He toyed around with her. Treated her like a clown. Tossed her away when he became big in F1.

We were never friends, we definitely weren't. I absolutely hated him. Pretty sure that feeling was mutual though.

"I am serious Knox, what are you doing here?" He asked again. Always called me by my last name so I did the same.

"Like I said, Norris" I said his name as if it was some kind of disease. "I am gonna make sure you never win a race"

He snorted at that. "Oh, I'm sooo scared" he said sarcastically. "But really now, what are you doing?"

"Since when is that any of your business?" I raised my eyebrow.

Forgot to mention that he always claimed how I wouldn't make it in the paddock - how Mercedes was always gonna use me as a receptionist or something.

Not because he thought girls weren't as smart as men were, but because he thought I wasn't smart enough.

"Don't be so fucking immature for once and just tell me, yeah?"

"Why do you even care?" I asked. Genuinely interested in why he was still pushing me for an answer.

"I don't-" he chuckled. "care"

"Then don't-" I took a step closer to him. "ask"

With that, I turned around and walked away.

I knew he was watching me, you know that feeling when you can feel that someone's watching you?

It was like that right now. I could feel his eyes on me.

So I didn't look back, didn't want to give him that.

Didn't walk to the hospitality, but to the garage instead.

Romeo was working on George's car, sitting on his knees.

I sighed as I leaned against a table. "Trouble in paradise?" Romeo looked up at me with a smile.

"In hell, yeah"

"Sounds hot - want to explain that some more?" He got up, put some stuff away and stood next to me, also leaning against the table.

"Not really-" I tried to shrug it off. Didn't want to explain it all to him. "Is the car ready?"

"As ready as it can be" Romeo said. "Don't expect too much though" he whispered.

Which basically meant that the car sucked.

And I hated that because it also meant we couldn't win. Couldn't beat Lando.

"I will see you at dinner?" I asked. He gave me a quick nod. It was the first dinner of the season, a big team dinner.

Definitely not my favorite dinner.

Walked around the paddock for a bit. Why did I even come here today? Had nothing to do.

"Hi Taura-"

Except being stopped by Toto so it seems.

"Are you ready for your first big weekend?" He asked.

"As ready as I can be" I mimicked Romeo without even knowing it.

"Good, because we really need to beat Red Bull" he replied, a little smile on his face.

And Mclaren. Especially Mclaren.

"Right" I nodded. My eyes wondering off to someone else.

That papaya boy was, once again, staring at me. His eyes a bit narrowed, a little smirk on his face before he put his lips around the straw of his bottle.

The way he looked at me made me hate him even more.

I hated how he thought I was nothing. Not a treat at all.

Definitely was gonna prove him wrong.