20.

I dropped her off at her place, didn't even know where she lived before today.

Pretty nice building, I bet her apartment looked cute, just like she did.

I walked upstairs with her, don't know why but it felt as the right thing to do.

We were standing in front of her door. I guess it was time to say goodbye, but neither of us was ready for it.

"Thank you for tonight" she swallowed, looking at me with a smile.

"Yeah, no problem" I gave her a quick smile because her eyes have gone full Bambi and I'm only so strong.

"Do you want to come in?" She asked, eyes soft and watching my lips. She bit her bottom lip.

If she leans in towards me I'll be a goner.

"No" I said quickly, before my heart had the chance to tell my mouth how dumb it sounded right now.

She blinked a couple of times. The corners of her lips turned up into this smile that's trying to cover up how she feels.

She nodded quickly, turned around, opened the door and got inside without saying anything else.

My head fell backwards and I sighed. Covered my face with my hands.

What am I doing? What the fuck am I doing?

She gave me her number when we were on the plane together so I could send her my address.

I pulled out my phone. Called her.

"Hello?" She answered after three rings, sounded confused.

"Hey" I said.

And then there was silence.

"Hi" she said eventually.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

She paused, heard a little sigh too. "I just got back from watching the sunset"

"Yeah? Was it a nice one?"

"It definitely was" she answered, and for some reason it made me smile to know that she had a nice time because so did I.

"You didn't come in?" She asked, quietly. "No I didn't"

"Any reason?" She probably knew the reason, but I decided to lie. "I'm just tired"

She sighed. "I am tired too" I reckon she meant the other kind of tired.

And then there was another silence.

"Want me to hang up?" I asked eventually. "No" she answered quickly.

"I had a nice evening with you Tau-" I started but she cut me off pretty quickly. "Don't"

"Don't what?"

"Don't do that" she sighed. Didn't know what she was talking about and even before I could ask, her front door opened.

"I'll call you back" I said as I put my phone in my pocket and looked at her.

She just looked back at me. Her Bambi eyes staring right in mine.

Fuck it.

I took a step towards her, took the phone from her hand, tossed it away. My left hand pushed her up against the door, caught her head with my right one.

I pressed my body against hers, and fuck, I don't think I'll ever want to back away.

I looked down at her lips, back up to her beautiful eyes, my favorite eyes in this world.

Her eyes flickered up to mine as she waited for me to kiss her.

I couldn't.

And then the moment broke, like her heart.

"I should probably head back" I cleared my throat.

She nodded once. "Right"

"Keeley" I remind her as if we could both forget. But if I was honest, I could.

Because I forgot about her tonight.

"Right" she nodded again.

And with that - she closed the door behind her again.