1.

"We have to leave Taura, we're already too late" My best friend Quinn yelled from the other room.

"It's media day, we can't be too late" I replied.

It was gonna be the first day in the paddock for both of us, not our first day working in F1, mind you. We both worked for Mercedes for many years now.

Saw Lewis battle for championships, welcomed George in our team, but times changed.

We weren't winning anymore, weren't even fighting for podiums.

Lewis was gonna leave for Ferrari next year, a big shock for everyone in our team but also a great opportunity. It would leave a spot open for someone young and talented.

But our team sucked at the moment. That's why Toto promoted me to head strategist of the team and Quinn was head of the PR departement.

It was pretty amazing to do this with my best friend.

"Uh-yes this is the most important day for me" Quinn said as she threw my shoes across the room.

"Then you are too late, not me" I chuckled.

Guess it wasn't funny because I was the only one laughing.

Half an hour later, we both scanned our paddock pass and walked in.

She was speed walking through the paddock and smiled nervously as we passed Toto on our way there.

"You should really calm down" I said. "Lewis and George probably aren't even here yet"

She looked around as we walked in the hospitality and came to the same conclusion. They weren't here yet and we weren't too late.

"Bright and early" Romeo laughed, as he kissed both of our cheeks.

He was one of the best mechanics on this team and he had brilliant ideas to make the car faster.

If only the engineers wanted to listen to him.

"Quinn was so nervous, she thought that we were gonna be late" I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "So now, we are actually way too early"

"You don't have to be nervous though" Romeo laughed as well, putting his arm on her shoulder. "I am here with you"

They won't ever admit it, but trust me - they fucked.

Definitely once, probably way more.

I walked out of the hospitality, didn't want to hear their flirting.

I was excited to be here but still a little nervous. I worked so hard for this, didn't want to mess it up.

But there was also something else that made me nervous to be here.

Something, or should I say, someone.

I wasn't here to make Mercedes win, or that wasn't the only reason at least.

I was also here to make someone else lose.

"What are you doing here, Knox?" Someone asked.

I immediately knew who it was. That voice gave me goosebumps, not the good kind.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me back with him. "I asked you a question"

The nerve of this guy was incredible.

"I'm here to destroy you, Norris" I said, pulling my arm back. "And stay away from me"