38.

Garrix and Knox spend almost the entire day together. They were laying together on the couch, he was letting her hear his new music, they were swimming together.

I absolutely hated it.

So I was actually happy when Bambi's friend decided to take Knox out to do some shopping.
They took Keeley with them, not because Knox wanted that, but I bet Martin asked her to be nice to her.

And surprisingly she listened to him.

It left me finally alone with Martin and some of his friends.
I could finally ask him about him and Knox.

Even though unfortunately, I already kinda knew they were way more serious than I liked to admit.

"Hi mate" I said, sitting down next to him. He was sitting on the couch, laptop on his lap, headphones on, so he was probably working on new music.

He immediately took his headphones off as soon as I sat down with him. "Mate, you okay?"

"Yeah yeah fine" I mumbled.

Talked about the races, about his shows, just some small talk before I could ask what I really wanted to know.

"So you and Taura huh" I tried not to sound too obvious. Didn't know what Knox told him already.

Maybe she told him nothing at all.

"Look, I didn't know you and Taura had a thing before us, I only know about since you got here" he immediately defended himself.

And I believed him. He was a good guy, a good friend.

"How long is this thing between you and Taura going on for already?" I asked.

This thing. Downplayed it a little. Couldn't call it a relationship, it was way too weird.

"A few months maybe" he shrugged. "It went pretty fast, saw each other every little moment we could, she came to Amsterdam for a few weeks too"

Fuck - it was definitely way more serious than I thought.

And I was getting nervous about that. This was going on since before summer break, even with their busy schedules, they made it work.

Definitely made me nervous.

"You're going back to Amsterdam tomorrow?" I asked. He probably thought I changed the subject, but I also wanted to know what Taura was gonna do.

"Yes, big shows are coming up, so we have one week to prepare the visuals, lasers and songs"

That's good news, meant he didn't have time for Taura.

Didn't have time to ask him anything else, because Taura walked in again, some bags in her hands, a smile on her face.

And God, she was beautiful.

But she wasn't walking to me, she was smiling at Martin and fuck, I never wished to be someone else as much as I did now.

"I bought something cute" she said, to him, not to me. "Yeah? Show me" he answered, pulling her on his lap and kissing her lips.

Her beautiful perfect lips.

"Later" she giggled on his lips.

I cleared my throat. "So I thought we were gonna have a barbecue?"

"Yes, let's get it going" Martin said, still looking at Taura. "Are you hungry?"

She nodded, her beautiful Bambi eyes looking at him. "Starving"

"Excellent" he smiled, picking her up and carrying her with him. "Then my baby is getting her food"

She giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Hated it.

And Bambi's friend was just looking at me with a smirk. Still didn't know her name, I just couldn't remember.

The barbecue was fine, if Taura and Martin weren't laughing and touching each other the entire time.

"You're gonna break your teeth if you keep clenching them like that" Bambi's friend whispered as she leaned closer.

"Are they always like this?" I mumbled.

"Hmm.." she pretended to be thinking about what the answer might be. "Yes" she chuckled, knowing the answer all along.

Couldn't wait to have her alone in the paddock again, then she had to talk to me, to look at me.

And there would be no distractions.

Fair enough if she wanted to be with Martin, but I wasn't gonna go down without a fight.

She was mine before she was his. She was kissing my lips before even knowing his.

She was laughing at my jokes, even before she realized he was way funnier.

Fuck - I missed her.