28.

Lando did end on the podium, he even ended on P2. George also ended on the podium, so I actually had an excuse to go watch the ceremony.

I was standing next to Quinn, while Romeo and Ryle were also standing here, waiting for George.

While everyone else was hugging and congratulating George, I was looking at Lando. Even though I couldn't see his face because he was still wearing his helmet, I knew he was happy.

"Hey Taurs" George nudged me. "Oh George, congratulations, great drive" I turned to him, hugging him quickly.

"No, thank you!" He yelled, he probably thought I wouldn't hear him while he was wearing his helmet. "Amazing strategy"

I just shrugged it off, didn't want to take this away from him because he did an awesome job as well.

"He's right though" someone said. Zak Brown was standing right next to me. "Thanks, so did you guys though" I smiled.

"Our strategist is leaving us" he said. Don't know why he announced it so casually, had a hunch though.

"That's too bad" I answered. Didn't really care that much because I didn't know him.

He nodded. Didn't say anything else for a while because George and Lando both walked on the podium.

I looked up at them, with Max on the first place, it was a pretty good podium for me.

"Are you interested in leaving Mercedes?" He asked, very blunt, especially when Toto was only standing a few steps away.

This man had some balls, kinda respected him for that.

I didn't answer immediately because I had no idea if I would leave Mercedes. Never thought about it before.

"We want your brains and won't use you to post pictures on Instagram" he said, a little dig at Mercedes.

Because Mercedes definitely used me to gain followers.

"No because you have your drivers for that" I chuckled and so did he. Definitely not denying that.

"Thanks for the offer Zak, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to join Mclaren"

Which had nothing to do with Lando, I just didn't have a reason to switch teams.
I would be closer to Lando, that would be a perk.

But I don't think they would like to know that Lando and I had.. a thing.

"Can I ask you to think about it?" He asked.

I quickly looked at Toto, who seemed busy with other people. Definitely not paying attention to me.

"What exactly are you offering" I looked at Zak, who had a smile on his face. He realized I wouldn't ask this if I wasn't interested.

"We can discuss the details during the next race?" His smile stayed on his face.

"Or at the MTC?" I suggested. "I don't want people to start rumors"

"That's absolutely perfect too" he nodded. "I will send you the details"

And with that, I nodded and walked away.

"You're going to Mclaren huh?" Ryle whispered as he walked after me.

Of course he was listening in to our conversation.

"None of your business, is it?"

He chuckled. "I just think it's suspicious"

I frowned. "What is?"

"Zak never knew who you were, until you started your thing with Lando" he pointed out. "Suspicious"

"Oh Ryle you're full of shit" I laughed, a bigger laugh than I intended to, but I just couldn't help myself.

He was so dumb it was almost unbelievable.

He didn't follow me after that though, so it had the effect I wanted.

"Are you leaving tonight with Max?" Quinn asked, half looking at her phone, half at me.

"Uh, I actually don't know" I said, which made her chuckle. "Well the team is leaving tomorrow so you can think about it, just let me know"

She pointed at her phone as she started walking away.

I was actually ready to go back to Monaco, or to England because I agreed to meet Zak at the MTC.

So taking the team plane was probably the best idea.

Max V.

I am taking the team plane
Have to be in England

Alright
How did it go btw?

Good, very good
Thanks again

Ur welcome 😉
I will see you in Monaco?
After you come back from England?

Yeah for sure!
I will text you

Perfect
Have a safe flight

You too! xx