25.

Lando's POV

Wanted to get drunk after I saw Max and Taura together.
Not only together, but they were actually going on a date.

I couldn't blame anyone else but myself for it.

I waited too long. Waited too long to dump Keeley, to kiss Taura.

It was a magical kiss, even better than I imagined it to be, and trust me, I dreamed about it lots of time.
Every night to he honest.

"Troubles in paradise?" Daniel asked as he sat down next to me. I shrugged. "No"

"You're sitting at the hotel bar, staring at your drink on a night before qualifying" he pointed out.
Guess it was pretty clear that there was something wrong.

"I like a girl..-" I started. "Your girlfriend?" He interrupted me.

"No, I dumped her"

Daniel looked at me, raised his eyebrow but decided not to interrupt me again.

"And she's going on a date with someone else"

Left out the part that she's going on a date with Max, for that matter.

"Okay, and you're just gonna do nothing about it?" He asked. Good point. I would do something about it, if it wasn't Max who was starting to like her.

Verstappen was my friend. I couldn't do that to him, right?

"What can I do about it?"

He chuckled a little. "Take her on a date yourself, win her over. You're a pretty boy - you won't have a problem with that" he nudged me.

Seems like I actually do have a problem with that. Maybe she just wasn't interested in me, maybe she just wanted Max.

But then again, that night when we were looking at the sunset, that moment in front of her door, that kiss, her taste that was still on my lips.

Her Bambi eyes didn't lie. They never did.

I pushed my drink in front of him and patted his back. "You're right"

I jumped off the barstool and walked back to my room. Needed to have a good night of sleep because I was taking Taura out tomorrow.

Fair enough that Max liked her, but so did I.

And I don't think his feelings came even close to what I felt for her.

———————————

Woke up pretty early, had to look my best today. If she wanted to reject me, then maybe I could try and convince her with a cute smile on my face.

She was a sucker for that.

Just like I was a sucker for everything she did.

Realized I arrived way too early, she obviously wasn't here yet but I also kinda wanted to see who she walked in with.

Don't let it be Max. That would mean they slept together and I definitely didn't want to think about that.

Sat down in front of the Mclaren hospitality. Waited for about an hour.

Until finally, she walked through the paddock. Beautiful as ever, her hair fell down on her shoulders, laptop in one hand, a coffee in the other.

And next to her, was Bambi's friend.

Not Max.

Another good thing was that her Bambi eyes were covered by sunglasses, so that was one thing that couldn't distract me.

I practically jumped out of my seat and walked up to her.

Her lips curled up a little. "Good morning Lando" she smiled.

Lando, she used my first name.

"Good morning Taura" I said, using her first name as well.

For other people this might be completely normal, but for us, it wasn't. We never called each other Lando and Taura.

We were Norris and Knox.

"I will see you in a bit" her friend said to her and quickly nodded at me, giving us privacy.

"How was your date with Verstappen?" I asked, don't know why. Just wanted to break the silence.

"Good, we ha-" she started but I quickly stopped her. "I actually don't wanna know" I interrupted her.

She chuckled a little. Even her chuckle was cute.

I put some hair behind her ear, slowly and brushed my thumb against her cheek. Just a moment too long.

"You're ready" I said. Reminding her of that evening in my apartment.

"Ready for what?"

"I am taking you somewhere after qualifying"

@F1News: Bright and early. Lando Norris one of the first to arrive at the paddock today!

Liked by @itsKeeley, @Mclaren, @Quadrant and 183.749 others.

@Quadrant: and that fit! 🔥
@user1: Looking good mate
@user2: Damn!
@user3: Good luck man!
@user4: who is he trying to impress?