3.

"What a day" Quinn sighed as she fell down on the bed of our shared hotel room. She snuggled under the covers.

"Cute" I said. "But we still have a dinner"

She groaned. "I don't want to go, can't we skip it?"

How tempting that may sound, unfortunately we couldn't. I was head strategist and she was the head of the PR and Marketing department.

We couldn't not be there.

"So I heard you saw Lando" she raised her eyebrow with a smirk. "Yeah unfortunately I did"

"What did he want?" Quinn asked while she got up with the biggest sigh.

"He wanted to know why I was in the paddock" I shrugged my shoulders.

She snorted. "He's the absolute worst-"

"As if you're not talented enough to be Mercedes strategist" she continued as she was putting on a dress.

I sure was talented enough. Still had to prove that though.

To everyone, but especially to Norris.

—————————————

As soon as we walked in the restaurant, we walked to Romeo, fortunately there were still a few empty seats.

So we both sat down next to him.

"My two favorite girls" he smiled, kissing us both on the cheek. There's that Italian charm.

"So, how do you think we will do tomorrow?" I asked, straight to business.

He shrugged. "I've heard Red Bull is gonna be very quick"

"You have some nerve, talking about Red Bull during a Mercedes dinner" Ryle - another Mercedes mechanic chuckled as he walked to us.

Ryle was also a mechanic, but mostly worked on Lewis's car while Romeo worked on George's.

We were about the same age, so always hung out together whenever we could.

My chosen family.

He put his hands on my shoulders, leaned back to me and kissed my cheek. "Taurs, looking beautiful as ever"

I rolled my eyes, but had to admit that it still did something to me.

Ryle was absolutely handsome. Dark hair, light eyes, tanned. He was definitely my type.

He sat down next to me, his arm on my chair. "We don't need a fast car - we have a brilliant strategist"

"A good strategy is kinda useless on a tractor" I chuckled.

"I was just trying to compliment your brain" Ryle said with a smile. "But I guess I'll go back to complimenting your beautiful looks"

"Smooth as butter, that guy" I could hear Romeo say to Quinn, who both started laughing.

"Who's a butter?" George walked up to us, unsurprisingly sitting with us.

He was also the same age as us, which was kinda rare at Mercedes, so most of the time, he was around us.

"Ryle is flirting with Taura again" Romeo nodded at the both of us. It didn't bother Ryle, but it bothered me.

Girls were always judged for that unfortunately.

"C'mon Taurs, give that poor guy a shot" George laughed. "Is that in my job description?" I asked.

"Pretty sure it isn't" Quinn pointed out. "Relationships on the job aren't really loved around here"

Pretty sure she wasn't talking about Ryle and I, but more about her and Romeo.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not at all interested in that" I said, which made Ryle take his arm back.

Guess he got the hint.