9.

Taura's POV

Jeddah - a difficult street track, what a perfect track as my second challenge, especially after they literally blamed me for everything last time.

I felt so insecure, even though I knew it wasn't my fault last time around. It definitely wasn't.

Another thing about Jeddah was that it was extremely hot, even in the evening.

So instead of sitting inside to work, I decided to work outside for once.

"Hi babe" Quinn said as she sat down with me. "Oh hi Quinn, how are you?"

"Yeah good, sweaty" she chuckled. "Why is it so damn hot"

I chuckled. "How are you and Rome doing?"

"We're okay - he's seriously thinking about going to Red Bull though"

"As he should" I said, which made her look at me for a second but she nodded pretty fast.

We all knew Red Bull was the better choice right now.

I looked up, saw Lando walk next to a blonde girl, very beautiful might I add. They were laughing together.

"Who is she?" I nodded my head at them. Quinn looked behind her and back at me.

"You didn't read the rumors?" She asked as she was already grabbing her phone. "That's Keeley, model, dates all the hot guys but also a serial cheater"

She showed the pictures of them together, at dinner, in his car, in Monaco. They spend a lot of time together.

"Hmm.." I muttered. So Norris has a girlfriend. Didn't know that.

But also, didn't really care about it either.

"Oi princess" Ryle said, leaning over me and kissing my lips. "What the fu-?" I quickly backed away.

Why was he kissing me like that? It was fine when he protected me from Lando the other day, but he could drop the act now.

"Why are you being cold like that right now?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. "You liked it when I fingered you the other night"

"Shut up Ryle. I didn't-"

"You did though" he cut me off.

But I didn't - wasn't thinking about him at all.

George walked out of the hospitality, gave us one quick look and immediately noticed what was happening. "Leave her alone, butter"

He nodded at me, gesturing for me to get up and follow him.

And that's exactly what I did. Couldn't get up fast enough.

"You shouldn't let him get under your skin like that" he said as we walked to the garage. "He's not getting under my skin-"

"No, he's getting in your pants" he laughed at his own joke.

Shrugged it off, couldn't really deny it. I just didn't expect him to touch and tell.

"Anyways Taura, give me a soft tire" he looked at me. "What?"

"Just trust me, they will push you to put a medium tire on me" he nodded at his engineers. "But don't listen to them. Give me a soft and I'll give it my all"

I nodded. For some reason, I trusted him.

So when it was time for qualifying, I did exactly as he told me. I put him on a soft, did the same for Lewis.

"It's a track that asks a lot of the tires so it's better if we put them on a med-" Bono was mansplaining.

"Soft" I cut him off.

"Yeah, no. I think it's better if we put them on a medium, Taura"

I turned my head to him. "Since when are you a strategist?"

"Taura, I'm just trying to help you" he frowned, narrowed his eyes a little.

I wanted to tell him to shut up, leave me to it.

"And I need you to trust me, trust my capabilities, trust why Mercedes hired me to do this" I said instead.

Which had the same effect. He nodded and didn't interfere anymore.

And George was right, both him and Lewis finished in the top 5 - before Lando.

Exactly what I wanted.