10.

"Thank you so much" I nudged George. I was so glad I listened to him.

"No thank you" he smiled, giving me a nudge as well. "For not giving me a hard" he once again, laughed at his own joke.

"I am never gonna give you a hard-" I smirked. "tire"

"Oi, you've a dirty mouth Taurs" George started laughing as well.

And normally, I would try to find Lando and make a snarky comment. Tell him that it didn't go so well for him.

But I didn't need to find him because he walked passed us with his girlfriend.
He didn't yell my name, wasn't trying to tease me or respond that he would easily pass us tomorrow.

His girlfriend laughed at something he said, grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers.

He seemed happy with her, seemed absolutely mesmerized.

Was happy for him. Not really - wasn't too bothered by it to be honest. Couldn't care less, no it absolutely didn't matter.

Not at all.

"Does he like her?" I asked, without even realizing it myself. Didn't want to ask him.

Fuck. Why did I ask.

"Who? Lando?" George asked, follow by a shrug. "I guess so, he wouldn't take her to the paddock otherwise"

"So you only take girls you like to the paddock?"

"Uh-yes obviously" he laughed a little. "We are not gonna take onenightstands to the paddock.

Stupid question obviously.

"You like him or something?"

"What?" I chuckled, what turned into a laugh, a nervous laugh. "No I absolutely don't. I told you that I hate him"

"Hate and love, pretty close together" George clearly didn't believe me but I didn't care.

We scanned our passes and walked out of the paddock, back to our cars.

"See you tomorrow Taura" George waved as he walked to his car.

There wasn't much to do here and I definitely didn't want to spend time with Ryle.
So I just went back to my hotel room and worked on the strategy.

Worked the entire evening and hopefully the car would be good tomorrow as well.

———————————-

Was ready for the race the next day. Nothing could distract me from it.

Got a good night sleep, had a good strategy prepared. For once, I felt actually confident.

No one could ruin my mood right now.

"Hi Knox" Lando said - would always recognize his voice. I quickly turned around and I wasn't only faced with Lando, but his girlfriend was also standing in front of me.

"Hi Norris" I smiled, wanted to ignore the girl but Lando, grabbed her hand and pulled her to him. "This is Keeley, she's my frie-"

"Girlfriend" she corrected him.

"Oh, are you?" Lando bit his lips, looking at her. "I am yours and you are definitely mine" she put her hand on his chest.

I cleared my throat. Didn't want to look at this.

"I am sorry - this is Taura, she's Mercedes' strategist" Lando introduced me to her. Couldn't remember the last time he actually used my first name.

"Oh wow that's so cool" she said. "How's Lewis like?"

"He's nice?" I answered. Didn't really expect a question like that.

"Ha, just trying to make small talk" she waved it off. "Anyways, we should get going" she wrapped herself around Lando's arm.

"Bye Knox" Lando gave me a little wave and walked away with her.

He whispered something in her ear, made her giggle and it made me even more convinced that I had to beat him.

Don't know why, but I felt even more determined to keep him behind my boys.